What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I watched Avengers Infinity war last night as well. What can i say..... i love the main plot of the struggle between the forces that protect the Earth and the balance that Thanos is trying to achieve with its over population, i really like the way they try to humanise him for us instead of making him just some sort of unfeeling alien.

Now for the bad stuff and i personally think there is loads to touch on here. All the sub plots such as the Guardians of the Galaxy involvement is just kinda lost in the movie as it is trying to do so much in such a small period of time. The amount of characters and individual stories that it tries to play out are just too much to fit into the movie and in the end it all seemed a bit substandard.

Plus whats with all the energy and explosions blowing up all around these characters and them not having a scratch on them but as soon as anyone uses a blade and stabs them with something its instant win? I mean what about all the falls and wall smashes everyone goes through? Also........ where the hell was Thor at the end? Everyone fights Thanos for like 40 minutes and Thor just turns up right at the end and finishes the fight but beating Thanos in like 10 seconds flat? What was he doing for the last 40 minutes? You cant say he was just flying around smashing up those alien dog things as he would have come to his friends help right at the beginning.

Dont get me wrong, over all i liked the movie but there was some really lack luster moments that dulled the experience. When you are actually routing for the bad guy to win in a movie there must be something substandard with the good guys right?

seriously mate, I'd wrap some of that in a spoiler tag as its really going to **** some people off if they start reading that.

Caporegime
X-men - Apocalypse - 5/10

The opening sequence was good.

The rest wasn't.

I have a couple problems with it really. Firstly, they are scrambling to introduce as many "new" characters as possible. What's the point in rebooting if you just want to get all the characters back in as few episodes as possible? They're literally throwing them at us in quick succession. Marvel can do decent films which focus on a few (or even one) characters at a time. The whole "let's have everyone conveniently meet everyone else in this film so they can all feature next time" is tedious. Are all the X-men and villains contractually obliged to be within 10 miles of each other at all times? Sure seems that way.

The next problem I have is the stupid cliche'd bad guy. Oh look, he's utterly invincible until right at the end when suddenly he gets his ass kicked. And he's got zero personality. His only motivation seems to be "I'm going to kill everyone because I'm bored." Talking of no personality, here's a load of screen time for Sansa Stark. Aka Boring Stark. Joy. She's even more boring in this.

And the cliched "Magneto is bad bad bad to the bone - oh wait he's good again." How many times. How many times.

This film is a parade of cliches and tropes and the main bad guy is just bad.

Caporegime
Went to see it last night, walked out after an hour. It's the first time I've ever walked out of a film in the cinema, it was just boring.
Have any S.King books translated well to film/TV? I can't say I've seen any (that have).

I used to love his books as a kid, but the film adaptations I've seen are just terrible.

Caporegime
Have any S.King books translated well to film/TV? I can't say I've seen any (that have).

I used to love his books as a kid, but the film adaptations I've seen are just terrible.

I'm not even sure if serious.

Off the top of my head.

Shawshank Redemption.
The Shining
The Green Mile
IT
Stand By Me..

I mean thats 5 without googling.

Man of Honour

Off the top of my head.

Shawshank Redemption.
The Shining
The Green Mile
IT
Stand By Me..

The ones that have been better are mostly the more conventional stories, though not so much The Shining heh. His less conventional ones have generally been poor in adaption with the first 1/3rd or so being pretty decent in setting it up but then just dragging on with too many scenes that translate badly to screen.

Soldato
Master and Commander. This film is very underrated in my opinion and it was my first time viewing it.

Yeah it's good and it's a shame it never got a sequel as there was potential there for more stories.

I keep this one in my collection and every time I watch it I feel exactly the same, what a missed opportunity for a more.

Associate
I watched Avengers Infinity war last night as well. What can i say..... i love the main plot of the struggle between the forces that protect the Earth and the balance that Thanos is trying to achieve with its over population, i really like the way they try to humanise him for us instead of making him just some sort of unfeeling alien.

Now for the bad stuff and i personally think there is loads to touch on here. All the sub plots such as the Guardians of the Galaxy involvement is just kinda lost in the movie as it is trying to do so much in such a small period of time. The amount of characters and individual stories that it tries to play out are just too much to fit into the movie and in the end it all seemed a bit substandard.

Plus whats with all the energy and explosions blowing up all around these characters and them not having a scratch on them but as soon as anyone uses a blade and stabs them with something its instant win? I mean what about all the falls and wall smashes everyone goes through? Also........ where the hell was Thor at the end? Everyone fights Thanos for like 40 minutes and Thor just turns up right at the end and finishes the fight but beating Thanos in like 10 seconds flat? What was he doing for the last 40 minutes? You cant say he was just flying around smashing up those alien dog things as he would have come to his friends help right at the beginning.

Dont get me wrong, over all i liked the movie but there was some really lack luster moments that dulled the experience. When you are actually routing for the bad guy to win in a movie there must be something substandard with the good guys right?

You're not supposed to question these things, it's Marvel, brain off and action.

Associate

Off the top of my head.

Shawshank Redemption.
The Shining
The Green Mile
IT
Stand By Me..

The mist was good to. Im not a king fan but theres certainly been some good adaptions amongst all the low budget dregs.

did a google. Lots we missed.

Carrie
Children of the corn
The running nan
Apt pupil
Lawnmower man
Misery
etc

Last edited:
Soldato
The mist was good to. Im not a king fan but theres certainly been some good adaptions amongst all the low budget dregs.

did a google. Lots we missed.

The running nan

etc

The Running Nan was the sequel to The Running Man:

JP18pBq9abLI0X370uztc88BsI52yhoyrQuWvRpW1mU.jpg

Caporegime
Necromentia.

When you think of horror movies, you naturally think of Pearry Reginald Teo Zhang Pingli and the 12 movies he has variously written, directed, and/or produced since 2002. Necromentia is undoubtedly his best work.

Travis (played by the popular and mildly competent Chad Grimes) is a heroin-addicted misanthrope who tortures people for money. His mentally and physically disabled younger brother Thomas (Zach Cumer) is confined to a wheelchair. They subsist on a meagre allowance from their deceased parents' estate, which is barely enough to maintain their appallingly low standard of living.

Travis visits Connor to beg for a raise in his allowance, but is told the will is too carefully written, and its conditions cannot be altered.

Travis' problems are seriously compounded when Thomas is visited by Mr Skinny, who encourages him to murder his babysitter and string his entrails around the living room. This is the inciting incident that triggers a meeting with Morbius, who wants Travis to find Hagen so he can lure him into hell, where he is told he can find Elizabeth.

Told in non-chronological fashion for reasons that are not apparent until the final scene, Necromentia makes good use of its modest $300,000 budget. The special effects are solidly practical, the lighting is carefully considered, the gore is realistic, and the narrative unfolds with a grimly inexorable logic.

If you're in the mood for healthy dose of sadism, masochism, torture, murder, and necrophilia, this is absolutely the movie for you.

I rate Necromentia at 26.64 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as an impressively brutal 8/10 on IMDB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom