1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. WilliG

Associate

Cold Pursuit 4/10 slow lacklustre movie. None of the characters are very well developed, could much have been better.

2. ExRayTed

Underboss

Arctic on Netflix, or may have been Prime - can't remember.

Sort of like Castaway in the arctic. Mads was as reliable as ever. 7/10

3. leemk

Hitman

Mortal Engines , looks good but like Velerian thats about it 5/10
    Ready Player One , same again looks good but enjoyed it more than the other 2 , 6/10

4. Plec

Capodecina

In Bruges, probably my 3rd time of watching since release (2008) - excellent casting (and i even include Colin Farrell within that) a must watch if you've never seen it.

A black comedy that works on all levels - for me anyway. I love the contrasting journeys the characters take, their subtle and not so subtle interactions and the story that develops as a result. It's dubbed a gangster movie - but it's so much more. I won't elaborate anymore as it's great script/direction and made more enjoyable if you go in blind. 8/10

5. Destination

Capodecina

I love In Bruges.

Anyway, as for recent films

Aquaman - basic, dull, uninspiring, don't mind Momoa, but the rest of the cast were awful. 4/10

Ted Bundy one with Zac Efron, Truly evil, vile and some such. Excellent, engaging, very thought provoking. 8/10

6. Freakbro

Capodecina

I love In Bruges too, so if you haven't seen it then Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri is from the same director and personally I think it's even better.

7. Plec

Capodecina

Looking forward to this - and Zac Efron seems to have been an inspired casting (in fact the whole casting seems pretty eclectic looking at the list - but obviously worked).

I haven't but has been on my 'to watch list' for a while - thanks for the reminder/heads up as it had slipped my mind. I think you've lined up my late night Saturday viewing - or early Saturday, if we're in, and my wife is watching, Britain's got ****sticks :/

8. Marky

Capodecina

Glad you enjoyed this :) I’ve been looking forward to seeing this for a while - my friend saw it this weekend and didn’t think too much of it - but he’s more into the superhero films and the like rather than true stories, which is much more my type of film :D

I’ll make some time this weekend to watch :)

9. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Anyone who's watched the Ted Bundy movie or thinking of it should watched Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix. The guy is terrifying in how he so easily fooled and manipulated people. Also hadn't realised the extent of his crimes and the sadism involved.

10. VincentHanna

Capodecina

A few of the women in the office were taking about this, intimating that the film makes him look innocent.

Is that the case or are they idiots?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  11. Vern1961

Mobster

Iron Sky: The Coming Race - 2/10.

Oh dear. Not a patch on the original. Sets looked like they had been poached from Dr. Who in the 1980's, lame story with minimal connection to the first film. Dialogue written by a junior school drama class (actually an insult to the junior school drama class) and performed by C listed actors who probably got paid minimum wage for their efforts. To top it all, soundtrack on the Blu-ray 2:0 stereo only despite the case proclaiming 5:1.

Only gave 2/10 as some parts were so cringingly laugh out bad.

12. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

@VincentHanna I posted about the documentary just above your post, you should check it out, even at his trial he had women fawning over him, despite that he'd raped, tortured and murdered many. To this day there are people who can't attribute evil actions to good looking and charismatic people. It's quite frustrating tbh.

13. Pighardia

Capodecina

I watched that documentary on Netflix about Fyre festival. Thought it was really interesting. 8/10

14. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Yeah I saw that a while back.

I didn't feel particularly bad for all the rich kids being separated from 'their' money (or more likely, their parents)

15. FlyingScotsman

Hitman

Loved that, really decent film with a cracking performance from Mads Mikkelsen. 8/10

16. wellsy

Gangster

I thought Arctic was boring, dragged on and repeated itself, I skipped the last 20 mins of it.

The Upside - 8/10

Loved it, great acting from both of them, I need to go and watch Untouchable now.

17. rotters

Soldato

Drive 9.5/10

The Infiltrator 8/10

both solid films.

18. EYEREX

Wise Guy

Last Breath

Christ / wow is all i can say :eek:
    PS full Movie/ Doc is on BBC iPlayer

19. Jokester

Don