1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. rotters

Soldato

This is the End 6/10 funny but pretty stupid

2. Mr Jack

Capodecina

IO (on Netflix)

Dull and underwhelming. It seemed to be trying to be moving and arty in a post apocalyptic Sci Fi setting but was just uninteresting. I'm not sure it even managed a single good idea. Only the music hit the mark.

3/10.

3. rotters

Soldato

Law Abiding Citizen 9/10

4. Minusorange

Mobster

7/10 I give it after watching it last night, was well put together and entertaining

How he survived for over 20 minutes with no oxygen and no brain damage is very perplexing as it goes against most science

5. sbweightman

Hitman

Tolkien (2019) - 8/10

An informative and interesting story of the great author’s youth which shows how events in his life inspired his writing.

It’s a bit slow at times and much like his books, it has a bit of everything – drama, romance and hardships all underpinned by a strong fellowship and iconic period setting.

Strong acting and good use of fantasy special effects in the war scenes, as well as good cinematography in the quieter moments.

6. antijoke

Caporegime

Escape Room 8/10

Really enjoyable, you really get rooting for the cast to survive and make it out, yes it borrows heavily from Saw and Hostel but it was very enjoyable.

7. chroniclard

Capodecina

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Not being a Queen fan I was reluctant to watch this but wife wanted to see it. Actually quite good fun for the most part, though are the other members of the band actually that boring...

6/10 not bad.:)

8. neoboy

Capodecina

Snowpiercer (2013)

Pretty good cast, not sure how this one slipped under my radar. As a concept find the whole premise a bit odd but enjoyed the sheer craziness of some set pieces, even more so than the overall story. Definitely unusual but in a strangely enjoyable way.

6.5/10

9. nands

Mobster

Spiderman into the Spiderverse - pretty good fun with a crazy animation style made this kind of unique. Was on Amazon for £1.99 rental if you have Prime. 4/5

10. FlyingScotsman

Hitman

Watched Shazam last night with my wife and son, really enjoyed it, funny with a decent story. 7/10

11. neil_g

Sgarrista

The "graphic" edit?

Very good revenge movie.

12. TheOracle

Capodecina

Captain Marvel 7/10

Heard it was supposed to be crap, but I enjoyed it. What do you expect from a comic book film. Switch your brain off and enjoy the ride.
    Scored it down due to the stupid cat.

13. Converge

Mobster

Heat 5/10.

Al Pacino’s overacting grates on me more and more in each film I go back and watch of his.
    Shame as he’s in one of my favourite films (The Godfather).
    The shootout is great, but the film hasn’t aged well to me.

14. Mark1989

Capodecina

The cat was ace! Not that it was a cat mind

15. TheOracle

Capodecina

a bit too red dwarf for my liking

16. Delvis

Caporegime

Seen a few things this weekend:

The Hustle
    Tolkien
    Avengers: Endgame

Also seen Captain Marvel before, enjoyed that also.

Seen end game twice, still enjoyed it. If you like Tolkien and are partially interested in his younger/mid years, it's a nice watch. I liked the Hustle, a few bits cringed me but otherwise it was enjoyable as a film.

17. NickK

Capodecina

18. fez

Capodecina

Avengers: Endgame. 6.5/10

Still not sure what to make of it. I think that they did what every franchise film maker does and became too self absorbed and keen to pay homage to all their characters. Could easily have been cut down to just over 2 hours and it would have been better for it. The last 3/5 of the film were good but the first part was slow and unnecessary.

Shame because I loved Infinity War, along with the first Iron Man and Thor Ragnarok it was the best Marvel film.

19. smr

Sgarrista

Arctic 8/10

I liked it, probably wasn't quite in the mood to watch it, was quite tired. Even though there was hardly any talking in it at all so it shouldn't have mattered. It was alright.

20. FlyingScotsman

Hitman

Yeah I really enjoyed it.