What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Captain Marvel last night. Well it was better than Iron Man 2 and Thor the Dark world but only just. The last 15 mins really raised it rating but the chemistry between Brie Larson and her co stars seemed forced through out which is not a problem in any other MCU film.

Soldato
Godzilla: King of Monsters.

If the 2014 Godzilla was guilty of too much plot not enough monsters, this one was definitely Overdose on Monsters and nothing on plot... perfect for a movie of this type. It was good and I enjoyed it but I did overindulge yesterday and actually fell asleep for about 10 minutes during the showing!

It was exactly what I expected, though I feel they did Mothra a little bit dirty! Few (Read: a lot) of plot holes and I didn't really care for 11's character.

7/10 would watch again

Soldato
Us. I enjoyed it, but had to use Google to clear a few things up. The film left me thinking how great it would be if I had an identical twin. Halloween 2019 would be epic:D

Caporegime
Captain Marvel last night. Well it was better than Iron Man 2 and Thor the Dark world but only just. The last 15 mins really raised it rating but the chemistry between Brie Larson and her co stars seemed forced through out which is not a problem in any other MCU film.

Yesterday I watched it again and when I thought about the relationship between her and Jackson, it had that same feeling as between Po and Fin in LOTJ, oh, they met and are instant best friends joking around with each other. As you say it felt so forced and immediate. I said before that none of the emotional moments were given even 2 seconds to land, it was instantly to a joke and her grinning like an idiot.

IIRC when she first meets Fury there is already a more playful friendly undertone to it, which I guess is the stance he kind of takes but because he thinks she's nuts but to her she's trying to prevent mass murder of her people. The second time it was as said, like they were already great friends who had a history as opposed to the first time they actually spoke properly.

I think I'd put it a bit further away from IM2 and Thor (1 and 2 for me, both had moments but were mostly just really cheesy crap), but it's not a great film.

Caporegime
A Silent Voice - 2016

An anime movie tackling some seriously tough issues such as bullying and suicide. But an overall excellent movie. Beautiful animation. It leaves really thinking afterwards. It made me cry a couple of times. It is a hard watch though.

I think I'll watch Wall-E tonight to cheer myself up :p

Soldato
Detective Pikachu

It was okay, a generic action film with some pokemon thrown in. Is it me or was it not explained why Tims dad was investigating the lab?

It was a while since I seen it now but I'm sure it does. I think it's the same reason as why Tim finds it, investigating the compound with made the Pokemon go crazy in the fighting pits.

Soldato
Alien code 2/10

Saw it on Now TV and seemed to have good reviews. What a load of crap.

Started well but around the halfway point the director must have got bored and gave up.

Associate
Went to a special screening of Saving Private Ryan in the cinema last night as part of the D-Day anniversary.

Didn't get a chance to watch it the first time around in the Cinema. Almost feels like i've watched a different film, far more intense in the Cinema then watching at home (stating the obvious but really was far more visceral and relentless - not just the images but especially the audio).

Truly an incredible film.

Soldato
Caporegime
See my post here

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32591951/

I watched the Japanese original in the cinema a few months ago, was less than impressed after loving it years ago.

Perhaps like The Exorcist - another which springs to mind. To be honest, I got tired early on in the Japanese version, although I might soldier on to see a bit more before making a decision to carry on or not.

Back
Top Bottom