1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Chojin

Wise Guy

Old Man and the Gun

Had a nice light-hearted feel to it, but was also quite repetitive and a bit shallow.

5/10

2. BriT

Mobster

Godzilla - King of monsters 3/10 boring and predictable

3. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Oh man, again people watching things on here that I go to watch! :D

Just finished watching this and loved it. I always like Adam Sandler films. Just goofy and irrelevant. Enjoyed it more than the Shining actually :o :p

4. 2013

Mobster

(delete)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  5. nands

Mobster

Right, we'll I didn't find it as bad as No1newts but is was not as entertaining as Nitefly says either. Below average considering the cast, raised a couple of smiles but that's about it. 2/5

6. kurosagi01

Gangster

Original japanese with english subtitles Godzilla 1954.

7. aardvark

Sgarrista

another weekend of bad films:
    darkman - first 2 thirds only as the disc was faulty! It was 'ok' - sam rami after all.
    iron sky 2 - 5/10 - mostly boring, not as fun as nazi's and dinosaurs should have been!
    big trouble in little china - 8/10. Still a good film - we needed a bit of a palete cleanser.

8. sleazy

Gangster

I watched Looper last nite...allow me to be utterly unpopular here and frankly disgusted with one of the worst sci fi movies I've seen in ages. The acting and plot was so cheesy that it would make gorgonzola blush:). Bruce Willis looked like he was acting in a jr high school play for dummies; the photography was crappy all over; the storyline was full of 'potholes' and inconsistencies and this is what happens when you try to overdo things from the director's chair.
    Bad karma indeed.

9. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Spiderman Homecoming

It's so refreshing for a "first" film for a superhero not to be bogged down in an origin story we've already seen too many times before. This is less "origin" and more "coming of age". It also nicely twists the conventional Spiderman origin story in a new way, and uses the changed world of the Marvel Cinematic universe cleverly. The link between Spiderman and Stark is well worked. It's visually solid, the action scenes flow well, and it deliver decent drama with appropriate humour. It feels like Spiderman should; wise-cracking and human. Unfortunately, it's a bit overly long, and the pacing suffers for it.

A watchable 7/10.

10. Boge

Hitman

Murder Mystery - Netflix

Total Hokum but we laughed out loud once or twice.

Nice boat.

11. sleazy

Gangster

Now here's what I call REAL sci fi !! The (in)famous prequel to the whole Alien saga that followed. This movie just makes the various "Loopers" fade away into oblivion!!
    [​IMG]

12. krooton

Capodecina

Always Be My Maybe

Generic Netflix rom-com, but with a section that was very funny, and entertaining 'original' songs.

Possibly my favourite cameo in a film ever :D

6/10

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  13. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

MIB - International.

It's okay, totally forgettable. That's it.

14. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Unforgiven - think this is my favourite Eastwood film. I like how it’s fairly understated. Great characters. And...

what an absolute bad ass - surely one of cinemas best bad asses ever!

9/10

15. sbweightman

Hitman

What We Do In The Shadows (2015) - 8/10

Very quirky and funny with an oddball cast of characters and interesting taste in music.

It works quite well as a spoof documentary, and the simple yet effective special effects compliment the overall style.

None of the ideas are truly original and it does run low on ideas towards the end, but it’s still a fun and fresh take on vampires.

16. Jokester

Don

X-Men: Dark Phoenix 5/10
    Fairly average, and largely a re-hash of Last Stand to a certain degree. The baddies completely lacked any substance to them.

17. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

If you haven't done so yet, check out the spin-off series on BBC2/FX. The 20 minute format arguably suits it better, and for my money it's one of the funniest shows on TV right now.

18. nands

Mobster

I'll second that. On iPlayer if interested.

19. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

Such a fantastic movie. Modern day western masterpiece. Has the great line "Its a hell of a thing to kill a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever going to have."

Eastwood was/is a wonderful actor but is also incredibly talented behind the camera. Will be a loss to film making when he dies.

20. azazl187

Wise Guy

Venom. Watched this the other night with the wife and I was pleasantly surprised.

We both really liked it