1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. labcoattech

Hitman

Murder Mystery, wife's choice but I enjoyed it as it made a change from the usual sci-fi movies.

Had to laugh at the car chase.

6/10

2. azazl187

Wise Guy

After seeing this I promptly got hold of the movie and just finished watching it.

I've seen it before but not for a long time and it is a great movie that I fully enjoyed. Clint does take a long time to get going in this one but doesn't disappoint at the end of the movie.

3. aardvark

Sgarrista

yeah i actually thought it was better than the film, something i was not expecting.

4. RobDogDog

Wise Guy

Geostorm - 4/10

Turned off brain and it was alright. Engaged 10% of my brain and it starts to unravel quickly lol.

Polar - 6/10

Enjoyed it but I think it would have worked better without some of the more comedic elements.

Aladdin - 6/10

New one. Visually spectacular. The cartoon version pishes all over it for me. Once it got going it was alright though.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  5. sleazy

Gangster

Starring my absolute fav living American actress; Sandra Bullock, the most versatile and sexy actress in the U.S. today :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  6. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Brightburn. Though it was a very good film.

7. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Glad you enjoyed it!

@Colonel_Klinck yup, absolutely great line.

8. BrightKenzi

Associate

Watched Icarus without any prior knowledge on the film beforehand. Didn't realize it would go way deeper than just a personal experiment. I've honestly had my doubts about how lucky Bryan Fogel really was stumbling upon the Russian doctor, and the first half went way longer than I thought it should, but still liked it overall.

9. Evangelion

Capodecina

Elizabeth Harvest.

It's Colombia, and Ciarán Hinds has married Amy Lee Kershaw for some reason! :confused:

Anyway, he takes her home to some gigantic mansion in the middle of nowhere, and everything seems pretty cool. Then somebody gets hacked to death with a machete, and the plot becomes complex.

Claire loses her patience with Henry. Oliver's resentment is growing. Logan will stay silent in exchange for a a bribe. Elizabeth enters a forbidden room. Curious shenanigans are afoot.

Henry refuses to change. Claire takes a turn for the worse. Oliver is angry. Logan visits again. Elizabeth has strange dreams.

Henry takes decisive action. Elizabeth makes a discovery. Oliver surrenders to a forbidden lust. Difficult choices must be made.

Elizabeth Harvest is a classic Sebastian Gutierrez film, with all the hallmarks we've come to know and love. The cinematography is exceptional. The palette is aggressive. The aesthetic is retro. The unorthodox use of primary colours is controversial. The cast is minimal (a mere 5 actors) and the plot has deep roots in European folklore.

It's the perfect modern Gothic noir.

Incredibly, Elizabeth Harvest copped a savage beating on Rotten Tomatoes, and currently languishes at a thoroughly undeserved 5.8 on IMDB. This is absolute ********.

I rate Elizabeth Harvest at 29.97 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a glorious 9/10 on IMDB.

10. labcoattech

Hitman

Murder on the Orient Express, been meaning to watch this for a while but decided to watch it after watching Murder Mystery, based on the same theme but with out the comedy.

Thinking about reading book now.

6/10

11. nands

Mobster

I think that Ken Brannagh's Piorot moustache was funnier than Murder Mystery!

12. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

I saw you post this yesterday and still trying to figure out if you're being serious.

13. marc2003

Capodecina

I think the word "versatile" was the giveaway. She was fit in the 90s though. :p

14. IvanDobskey

Soldato

To be fair to her, she still looks pretty damn good. Not the greatest actress by any means though :p

15. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Black Dynamite on Prime Video. Funny, affectionate, pisstake of Blaxploitation films.

16. cu3ed

Capodecina

One of the worst things ever to be put on the screen, I dotnt hink I have enough character space here to list how much is wrong with everything in the script.

17. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

It's basically just the characters that are the problem :D apart from David. A huge Alien fanboi here so it's a guilty pleasure movie and have watched it maybe 5 times and my only grumble is the collective low IQ of the characters.

18. Rossi~

Capodecina

I love that film, lost count how many times i've watched it.

Chocolate giddy up!

19. McManicMan

Soldato

T-34

excellent russian WII based film

20. Wizzfizz

Capodecina

Justice League 4/10

Such a let down with some awful CGI. Zack Snyder really is crud and needs to not direct another movie.