1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. arc@css

Caporegime

2. Siver74

Associate

Grabbed my copy of Godfather Part II, one of my top favourites (prefer it even over the first).

"I've always taken care of you Fredo." Oh dear.

3. Nitefly

Man of Honour

The Big Lebowski - I’d never seen this before. Dumb character gets caught up in absurd caper and bumbles his way through with his absurd bumbling friends. Absolute nonsense, very funny and something about it made me think there was something ‘very clever’ going on that was just beyond my grasp. Or maybe it was all just a nonsense. More than anything, it DID make me feel good. Just the way this man was seemingly content with his simple existence. Just living and not worrying. How interesting...

Good film :)

4. cheesyboy

Capodecina

I feel like it's one that, in common with many coen brothers films, really benefits from subsequent viewings. The more I watch it, the more I like it!

5. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Due to the posters above I decided to watch 21 Jump Street again. It really is a very funny film. I’d forgotten Brie Larson was in it but she didn’t look like Brie Larson, more like another actor was being her.

22 Jump Street tomorrow night.

6. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

Liam Gallagher's new film 'As You Was' - 8/10

Supersonic was all about the crazy Oasis years, whereas this was from Beady Eye onwards. Definitely showed a more mature side to him and it's interesting to see how he's held it all together over the years. Good stuff.

7. Wizzfizz

Capodecina

22 Jump Street

Watched the first the night before last and thought it was very funny. This one was just as good :)

8/10

8. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

Love this film :)

9. Freakbro

Capodecina

This was the film that got me into the Cohen Brothers, seen it so many times. I just recommended it to someone last week actually and they saw it for the first time at the weekend. Such an awesome film

10. Freakbro

Capodecina

Absolutely brilliant!

Saw this last night and sure, as you say, it's a low budget indie film but what they do with that budget is phenomenal. Definitely recommend you put this on your 'one to watch' list.

11. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

:D

12. Evangelion

Capodecina

Glad you enjoyed it.

:)

13. DrToffnar

Mobster

Agreed. The first is an absolute classic but the second has so much more to say. That ending as well... perfect.

14. arc@css

Caporegime

Get Out.

Third time I've seen it all the way through and each time I seem to notice more than the previous time. Very good film.

15. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

I absolutely loved this at the cinema, as such, i've been hesitant to rewatch in case I don't enjoy it so much the second time around. Two other films that I feel the same about are It Follows and Ex Machina, thought they were brilliant but don't want to skew my initial impressions of the films if I don't like as much on a rewatch.

16. arc@css

Caporegime

I haven't seen Ex Machina but I loved It Follows; I hope another film like that comes along.

Have you seen 'Us'? That, I think, has the same director behind it as Get Out did.

17. Bounce

Hitman

Toy story 4 8/10

Really good, sad ending though

18. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

There is an It Follows sequel in progress called Follow It with the survivors trying to trace the source but haven't heard much about it for a while now.

Ex Machina is superb, total sleeper hit for me and if you like sci fi in any way, you'll enjoy it.

I really liked Us, I know it's a divisive marmite movie but it felt so refreshing, probably because mainstream horror has been pee poor for a while now.

19. Siver74

Associate

I don't agree with Pauline Kael's reviews all the time, but when she said that the second was fuller and thematically richer (if I'm remembering that correctly), I found myself agreeing.

20. arc@css

Caporegime

Intriguing news on the It Follows front. :cool:

Cheers for the recommendation; I may check out Machina tonight.