1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. TheOracle

Capodecina

Yeah, I thought this but how on earth do you come up with an ending?

You can't kill him, I think he's too far gone to be won over, and he can't kill everyone because....well, there'd be nothing left.

Only thing I thought of would be a bit more story around the spacecraft and that weird voice calling out to him.

2. aardvark

Sgarrista

robogeisha - 4/10 - pretty bad as you would expect, but some fun moments
    prince of darkness - 6/10 - actually not bad. Some interesting ideas but definitely not carpenters best (or worst).

3. Diddums

Capodecina

Nice to see Aquaman get panned, I've been umming and ahhing for ages, but DC films in general are absolute junk. Wonder Woman was good, Suicide Squad was decent-ish and the Dark Knight stuff was good but that's it. Especially X-men, what a load of ****.

4. barmyllama

Man of Honour

Bumblebee.

Sort of like E.T. but with a robot and a teen-age girl.

Except E.T was good and this was complete tosh. How this was so well reviewed is beyond me.

5. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

Kind of like being punched in the foot after being punched in the head, it's almost a pleasure to not have the head beating even though there is still pain.

The previous transformers movies are the head punches, Bumblebee is the foot.

6. an0nym0us

Gangster

I thought X-Men was a Marvel comic, Fox film production?

7. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

It is indeed Marvel but it's generally as bad these days as the worst DC movies.

I haven't enjoyed an X-Men movie since first class :(

8. Minusorange

Mobster

Probably because compared to all the previous Transformer movies, this one was actually okay and made the most sense from start to finish

9. sbweightman

Hitman

Brightburn (2019) - 8/10

A darker and more sinister take on the superhero origin story and although it doesn’t really do much with the origin story premise, I still enjoyed it.

Good acting and special effects with moments of horror and gore, although it could have been a lot darker and more stylish at times.

10. Nitefly

Man of Honour

21 Jump Street - 10/10. They really caught lightning in a bottle with this one. The characters are believable, there is a fair bit of heart / some feels and oodles of utterly bizarre, seemingly completely ab libbed dialogue. There are soooo many funny lines. I don’t know why I feel the need to list my favourites but:

“Not so slim shady?!”

“I was gay when you punched me!”

“You’ll be in jail with a snorkel taped to your mouth. And they’ll be me..... ******ing down that snorkel”

“Actually, you do have the right to be an attorney, if you want to”

“.... You cherub looking mother...”

“Someone died in the school and nobody including me is doing anything about it”

“Hey! Leave Korean Jesus alone! He’s busy. With Korean ****”

“Yeah I’ll beat your **** off with both hands, let’s go”

“I’ve never prayed before so I don’t know how to finish this. End. End?”

“That’s... a baton penis!”

“Go! Go! Stayyyy.... hurrrggnnn you’re so hot!!!!”

“Put that tongue back in... and you... no wait, that’s pretty good”

It’s aged superbly too. I really can’t think of any better modern comedy.

22 Jump Street - 7/10. This has plenty of laughs but less heart. Schmidt’s character is a bit whinier and less likeable. Also the tone of the film seems to be ‘very self aware’ and fourth wall breaking. Funny in its own way but not close to touching the first.

11. neviditelny

Hitman

I watched MIB International earlier today. Quite a decent movie, 6/10. Most enjoyable for me in the movie was Tessa Thompson, definitely got a crush on her for some reason :D

12. Scam

Capodecina

Love this. Can't remember if it's 21 or 22 with the end roller counting up through the sequels. So funny :p

13. Nitefly

Man of Honour

It’s 22 with that ending. Love it when Seth Rogan shows up :D

Another great funny / feel good line from the end of 21:
    getting the rights down together.... do you understand these rights as they have been read to you? **** you!!!!!

14. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

I need to watch them again...the thing that immediately springs to mind is "My name jeff" :D

15. arc@css

Caporegime

16. Siver74

Associate

Grabbed my copy of Godfather Part II, one of my top favourites (prefer it even over the first).

"I've always taken care of you Fredo." Oh dear.

17. Nitefly

Man of Honour

The Big Lebowski - I’d never seen this before. Dumb character gets caught up in absurd caper and bumbles his way through with his absurd bumbling friends. Absolute nonsense, very funny and something about it made me think there was something ‘very clever’ going on that was just beyond my grasp. Or maybe it was all just a nonsense. More than anything, it DID make me feel good. Just the way this man was seemingly content with his simple existence. Just living and not worrying. How interesting...

Good film :)

18. cheesyboy

Capodecina

I feel like it's one that, in common with many coen brothers films, really benefits from subsequent viewings. The more I watch it, the more I like it!

19. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Due to the posters above I decided to watch 21 Jump Street again. It really is a very funny film. I’d forgotten Brie Larson was in it but she didn’t look like Brie Larson, more like another actor was being her.

22 Jump Street tomorrow night.

20. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

Liam Gallagher's new film 'As You Was' - 8/10

Supersonic was all about the crazy Oasis years, whereas this was from Beady Eye onwards. Definitely showed a more mature side to him and it's interesting to see how he's held it all together over the years. Good stuff.