What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Winchester - Think this was a ‘netflix’ film. It’s on Netflix anyway. Fun ghost house romp, pretty much exactly what I was after. Love this genre of ‘easy watch horror with a light dash of mystery’. Scooby Doo for adults :D

Film itself was very watchable. The final sequences were dragged on a bit too long but I’d still recommend as a light, fun watch.

6.5/10

Thanks, that's my viewing sorted for tonight.

Associate
Following July list from screenbinge.. I have 3 days off and lots of movies/shows to binge watch. Last night I completed jessica jones new season. Marvel shows are degrading on netflix. Good decision that they cancelled these shows, if they cant offer quality why bother making one then?

Soldato
Childs play (2019) I really enjoyed it. Great way to bring chucky into the modern era.

New chuck in some ways was creepier due to the modern age. Mark hamil voice for him was a good fit too

I know chucky films always split views but it's been a franchise I've always liked.

Associate
Quite a treat :)
Intimefairuse.jpg

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Quite a treat :)
Intimefairuse.jpg
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637688/

"In a future where people stop aging at 25, but are engineered to live only one more year, having the means to buy your way out of the situation is a shot at immortal youth. Here, Will Salas finds himself accused of murder and on the run with a hostage - a connection that becomes an important part of the way against the system."

Hmmmm.

Soldato
I watched Arctic on Friday night. Really enjoyed it. Pretty much a tale of survival for a guy following a plane crash.
Well worth watching.

agree, just saw it, the minimal cast was refreshing compared to the normal US fictional survival movie(ie not Alive) with their cliche of personalities, and allowed much more intensive viewer relationship with excellent Mads.

spoiler
couple of inconsistencies
- surprise he managed to extract himself from crevasse(joe simpson?) and had wondered if what followed was a near death hallucination
- had thought the girl was genuinely dead
- him returning to collect girl as opposed to signalling helicopter as best as possible

Caporegime
Hellboy (2019).

This movie is so incredibly awful, I can't even be bothered to review it. It's the cinematic equivalent of sitting on your own testicles.

The casting is poor. The editing is horrendous. The direction is weird. The pacing is all wrong. The CGI is dodgy. The characters are bland, and their motivations are inconsistent. The plot is messy. The humour is flat. The world building is non-existent.

The best part was Baba Yaga. The worst part was the weak attempt at a sequel setup.

Soldato
I watched Shazam, i think it is the best DC movie thus far, story coherent within its own realm, fun, and funny.
Just worked for a superhero I knew pretty much nothing about.

Back
Top Bottom