What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Luce (2019) - 9/10

The film is thought provoking with a subject matter that will always be relevant and hopefully create intelligent discussion amongst everyone who sees it. Very well acted with believable characters, it is a bit slow to get to its conclusion, but worth it nonetheless.

Soldato
My Cinema played Pans Labyrinth.

Was good to see it on the big screen after so many years.
Good film, a little bit creepy for Halloween.

I think they have the matrix 20 years later next week too!

I need to have another go at watching this. Tried a couple of times in the past but just couldn't get into it due to the subtitles. The film is visually good and having to take you focus away from that to read the subs really killed it for me at the time.

Associate
Doctor Sleep (2019) - 6/10

A good fantasy horror film with some horrific scenes but not a lot of creepy / traditional horror.

The story is good, but very long and takes a while to get going, although the references back to the original film were nice.

Good acting and great special effects, but because of all the magic, it lacks the suspense and fear the source material would suggest.

Soldato
Maleficent 2 6/10 (5 being average).

Entertaining and above average but lacked some of the story telling of the first. It could have made more of some of the Maleficent sub-plots rather than Disney's preferred same old story. Letter half of the movie was better - Jolie managed to put some mark on it, but for her a weaker second outing.

Caporegime
The dark tower. 5/10

Wtf happened here? It felt like a 2h film that got butchered down to 90 mins.
Almost zero explanation for anything, no world building very little at best.
Felt like a straight to TV movie but with s few huge actors.
I've forgotten the face of my father? What? Ok...
I've lost my shine!

Man of Honour
The dark tower. 5/10

Wtf happened here? It felt like a 2h film that got butchered down to 90 mins.
Almost zero explanation for anything, no world building very little at best.
Felt like a straight to TV movie but with s few huge actors.
I've forgotten the face of my father? What? Ok...
I've lost my shine!
Yeah was really odd. Great set up but one of the most half arsed / ‘just finish it’ endings I’ve seen. Ultimately very underwhelming - 4/10 from me.

Man of Honour
Dr Sleep - 7/10

I quite enjoyed the film, was slow to start but I didnt mind that, liked the overall tone of the film and there were a lot of great throwback moments to the first film. Only critique I would have is that I felt the ending was a little too rushed and also there is one scene in particular which, with the advances we've made in CGI, could have been done better but perhaps there was a non-technical reason for the way that scene was done.

Soldato
Wounds - a bad bar fight leads to a bartender finding a phone with disturbing images and then his world unravels into a WTF ending that makes you wonder if it was brilliant or utter guff. 5/10...would give it another mark just for Zazie Beetz, she's rather lovely in this.

Soldato
Wounds - a bad bar fight leads to a bartender finding a phone with disturbing images and then his world unravels into a WTF ending that makes you wonder if it was brilliant or utter guff. 5/10...would give it another mark just for Zazie Beetz, she's rather lovely in this.

I'd agree with your score, I enjoyed it and was just getting really into it, then it ended, oddly, it could have had another 30 mins imo.

Soldato
Terminator : Dark Fate 7/10

Finally, an enjoyable Terminator movie since T2

Monos : 6.5 /10

Colombian art house film about a squad of child soldiers guarding a western prisoner and a milking cow, with touches of Lord of the Flies.

Caporegime
Skin (mentioned above).

Enjoyed it a lot. Recommended.

Nice to see such a positive change and a complete turnaround.

Last edited:
Associate
Good Boys. The funniest film I’ve seen in a long time. Superbad with kids about 5 years younger and if you’re easily offended then don’t bother watching.

"That necklace smells like ****"

As for sippy cup :)

Very funny movie typical Seth Rogan.

Cheers all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom