1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, 2 Sep 2009.

1. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

The first season of The Fall is excellent TV, 2nd isn't so bad, write off the third - it's all on Netflix I think.

2. Sankari

Caporegime

I haven't seen Candyman. I am open to revising my score.

:p

3. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Okay, so you get that that is just one character? Has he been cast as the same character in something else? Tbh, if you struggle with him playing a different character, I think that's a you problem, not a film problem :p (e.g. I had no problem with him)

4. Vern1961

Mobster

Hey lighten up chap, this isn't Speakers Corner. I think I can comprehend it's a different character was just commenting to the effect, like Shatner and Nimoy with Star Trek he's a bit typecast in those other roles. As it happens I think he transitioned to the [email protected] tough guy pretty well.

5. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Sorry, I thought it was quite light, sorry if taken heavy :) (Although, I still disagree :p )

6. LizardKing

Sgarrista

Nah the film of the same name. Forgot there was a series called that as well.

7. Scam

Capodecina

I thought the whole thing was tremendous, that's why I was asking :p

Oh ok nevermind. Thought it was an odd comparison!

8. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Lol, just realised you were referring to the movie being on Prime, not the series.

9. omnomnom

Capodecina

Old.

Didnt see the "twist" coming so thats a positive but some of the acting was absolutely woeful. I dont get why they were so calm for the most part aswell then it just goes all bat **** crazy.

10. Street

Sgarrista

The trailer for this really put me off, but I've seen a few people say it's worth checking out so I might have to take a chance on it!

11. sbweightman

Hitman

Copshop (2021) - 7/10

A comical drama that doesn’t conform to expectations with an 80’s presentation style, lively characters and isolated setting.

It doesn’t have much of a plot and it could have been a lot snappier, but the acting is good and it does hold your attention.

The action scenes are few and far between and use slow motion a bit too much, but are good enough.

12. Radec

Wise Guy

Sicario - put it on to fall asleep to tbh, but thought it was excellent! now i have to watch the second.

13. omnomnom

Capodecina

The Enemy as recommended on here. I love thrillers that are a good size so this was perfect. Really enjoyed it with an unexpected ending. 8/10

14. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

IMDb link to the precise film please. ;)

15. neviditelny

Wise Guy

Sicario is really great. Very well made and pretty intense in some scenes. I also love the 2nd one. Wish I could have caught the first one at the cinema.

16. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

I assume the DV movie with Jake Gyllenhall?

17. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

One of my best cinema experiences of the last decade, the soundtrack was sublime, especially going into Juarez.

18. Changesx

Gangster

RUSH HOUR 2. A classic. Needed a laugh. Ah, they do need to add the others on Netflix :D

19. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

Ah thanks, so that would just be "Enemy" (2013). I'll add that to the queue... cheers. :)

Just finished watching it and you're right about the sound track, quite excellent, made more so with Dolby Atmos and overhead speakers. ;)

I think I started watching it a few years ago but for some reason never finished. It's on Prime now so watched it to the end this time.

It has the knack of keeping you on the edge even during the 'quieter' moments. Great performances all round though Benicio del Toro is particular good.

8/10

20. neviditelny

Wise Guy

Soundtrack is really good, it really adds that extra tension to the movie. I think I didn't see Sicario until 2-3 years after its release.

I don't know why, but I quite often find people overlooking del Toro as an actor. Think he has been great in pretty much every movie I've seen him in. Might watch both Sicario movies on Monday when I'm off from work.