1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, 2 Sep 2009.

1. MookJong

Sgarrista

In the Earth - 5/10

Great first half, aweful second half. This is Ben Wheatley's weakest film IMO and feel like something he would have produced as his first outng rather than following on from Kill List and Free Fire which I think excellent. Highyly dissapointing and missed oppertunity to make a great modern day Folk Horror. Let down by lazy and unimaginitive writing and a reliance on trying to dazzle you with simply being weird and hoping you don't notice.

2. tribz

Mobster

Aliens - at the cinema!
    Alien the night before, again at the cinema

Great weekend

3. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

It's a superb movie with which I have just one minor nitpick but I agree with your score and comments. Also was nice to see Michael Peña before he was typecast as the quick talking, wise cracker.

Minor nitpick that pulled me out of the immersion a little:

The ambush by the hispanics, they are firing full auto weapons from a fairly short distance in an elevated position, I found it hard to believe none hit during the initial barrage

4. TurtleTwo

Hitman

^ End of Watch is fantastic. Going to re-watch it.

Cry Macho - 4/10

New Clint Eastwood film, dragged on and never progressed anywhere, repetitive.

Sling Blade - 9/10

Amazing, probably Thornton's best work.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2021
  5. something daft already!!

Soldato

Ed Wood. I missed this when it first came out and watched it last night. I was very funny in places, I loved the meta joke. Also quite sad throughout knowing how it all ended.

6. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

The forever Purge.

It was somehow worse than I thought it would be !

1/10

7. AHarvey

Capodecina

Gemini Man - 6/10

Story was ok but OMG the CGI was awful. Whole fight scenes that looked like Neo fighting the Agent Smiths in the Matrix.

8. omnomnom

Capodecina

Its absolute garbage and completely defeats the point of "the purge".

9. TurtleTwo

Hitman

Exactly :cry:

10. Rroff

Man of Honour

I keep meaning to watch this but I have a feeling I will be disappointed - the concept has gone downhill sadly despite a few good moments here and there in some of the newer offerings.

11. DomBruv

Wise Guy

The Green Knight 10/10

Candyman 6/10

12. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Since probably the 2nd movie, it's definitely become a massive social commentary rather than what we want to see, brain off creative kills.

The ending of Forever Purge is so on the nose with americans being the migrants in Mexico and their children becoming 'dreamers'.

13. [email protected]

Caporegime

Old. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10954652/

I wasn't expecting too much from this as a majority of the reviews I've seen don't appear to rate it too highly, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Although there's nothing uncommon in movies or T.V. regarding the suspension of disbelief, this is indeed a bit contrived and predictable in places, though, in my biased opinion, it's well worth checking out at least once. :)

14. TonyTurbo78

Capodecina

Anna 8/10

Brilliant spy/assassin movie. Lots of action, a brilliant ruthless Helen Mirren and a few clever twists.

15. Gerard

Caporegime

Aliens special edition

Still a great movie but some of the effects and tech etc are aging pretty badly. Dot matrix printouts, Vietnam era helmets, aviator sunglasses, armour held on by straps with plastic buckles, people smoking, obvious minature models etc etc. Suppose tech is always an area where movies age, especially movies made in the 70's and 80's. Regardless still a fun watch. :)

16. Lartyconshayo

Mobster

17. Reuben klang

Hitman

I’ve been looking forward for months for the sopranos prequel - The Many Saints of Newark

Man, I was throughly disappointed. It was boring and slow. Ok, we found some things out but my word it’s bad.

2/10

18. DrToffnar

Mobster

Tbf Rick hadn't long recovered from his accident and a great deal of the screenplay was thrown out because he physically couldn't do any of it without risk to his health. It is quite awful though, not a patch on the show. Even some of the duller live stuff is better and that's more bad then good.

19. Wizzfizz

Capodecina

Tomb Raider 2018

It wasn't all that bad 6/10

20. Jay85

Sgarrista

Kate 6/10

Don't think she pulls it off well enough if im honest.