1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, 2 Sep 2009.

1. [email protected]

Caporegime

The Night House. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9731534/

I watched this over about three evenings and I guess I must have enjoyed it a fair bit for me to return to it each night.

I'm not sure I managed to completely follow what was going on, especially by the latter stages, but I've seen far worse horror/chiller films in my time.

Overall, my experience was a fairly good one.

2. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

Free Guy

some funny moments but damn the cringe moments made it hard to watch

5/10

3. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Red Letter Media's take - Same as mine really.

4. Andybtsn

Don

Similar taste to me. I'm not one for jump scares or hack and slash. The first The Ring was always one that stood out for me, then the sequels were rubbish just like The Conjuring, Insidious etc.

5. The_One

Capodecina

Dune - 5/10

What a waste that was

Literally nothing happens in the film!! :confused:, granted i haven't read any of the books but as a movie experience its right down low.

Nice to look at but that's it

6. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Me too, one that I really liked that I don't often see recommended is Oculus with Karen Gillan, I though that was a great 'non jump scare' horror.

7. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Not a fan of jump scare horror here either, although if done well, it can be very effective.

Not a movie but the series Haunting of Hill House has one of the best jump scares i've ever seen and that's in a series which is thankfully almost devoid of any jumpscares throughout. The scare fits the moment, makes sense in retrospect and isn't a cheap scare.

8. i-bert

Mobster

I know the scene that you're talking about. I actually jumped off the sofa and shouted, and I NEVER do that.

9. omnomnom

Capodecina

I thought it was absolute garbage so this is generous lol.

Are you ok with subtitled films?

If so try

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365376/

10. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Conjuring 3 - 7/10

I enjoyed it but it's not as good as the first two.

11. sbweightman

Hitman

Dune (2021) - 9/10

A glorious start to an epic saga where every scene is a visual spectacle filled with atmospheric and dramatic music.

Every part of this film is on an epic scale, from the explosive and exciting action scenes to the spectacular CGI landscapes and special effects.

The film is mostly about setting the scene, explaining the story and who the main players are, which is informative and well-told, but it does make it a bit slow and possibly too long overall.

The strong characterization and great acting makes up for this, and I for one can’t wait to see the next chapter.

12. Kyo

Soldato

You weren't wrong. That was brutal, a whole new level of awful. The entire movie was a giant mess of violence and stupidity. Absolutely pointless movie

Last edited: 24 Oct 2021
  13. Efour

Caporegime

Pig 8/10

Nicolas cage. Weird. Pretty short. Great story

14. Drangueos

Mobster

Night Teeth 6/10, would be a 5.5 but got an extra 0.5 because I found Blaire cute :cry:

Never heard about the movie before opening netflix, watchable..

15. McBain

Capodecina

Fury, really good atmos track, movie itself is pretty average IMO.

6/10

16. [email protected]

Caporegime

Sicario 2: Soldado https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5052474/

I don't have particularly strong feelings either way about the first film and seeing as just about everyone can't praise it enough,
    I thought it was about time to try out the second. Well, I'm glad I did and thought it was a pretty solid movie.

I was hoping Benicio Del Toro would make it - quite a jarring scene, before, during, and after.

I like John Brolin and Benicio Del Toro so I may have to rewatch the first sometime.

17. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

I'm one of those who rates the first highly, much to a lot of folks amusement, it would easily sit in an all time top 25 if I did a list, maybe even a top 10 depending on my mood on the day. Apart from a few slight mis-steps, it's a near perfect movie in my eyes.

The sequel was adequate but for me it was never going to match Denis Villenueve directing, Roger Deakins cinematography and Jóhann Jóhannsson's soundtrack on the first.

18. something daft already!!

Soldato

Dune. I really enjoyed it and found myself far more engaged by it than David Lynch's version.

19. TonyTurbo78

Capodecina

Would be a 5.5 for me also but upping to a 6 as I found Zoe rather naughty and a little tasty. :D

20. AHarvey

Capodecina

F9 / Fast and Furious 9

3/10

Yes, the films have got more and more ridiculous over the years but I've always been able to look past that as they've always been an entertaining watch if not very mentally stimulating.

Yet, this one was lacking. I can't place my finger on exactly what it was, but terrible acting, bad lines, **** fight scenes with obvious missed punches, etc or just the general lack of feeling in the film but it was without a doubt, a terrible film.