What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Old - 7/10 - the latest brainbender from shyamlamadingdong. Kept me guessing all the way through, some good effects, a semi-decent payoff, nothing ground breaking but entertaining enough.

Troy - 6/10 - after chatting with a mate who rates it highly the other week, I had the urge to rewatch. I remember being underwhelmed on release and not a lot has changed. I found the shaky cam action frustrating, the dialogue for most of the cast was phoned in, I just found it a bit dull overall.

Caporegime
Watched a bit of The Kitchen on Prime but turned it off after a while.

Seemed a little cheesy to me. I guess it was okay but didn't hold my attention for that long.

I gave it a go because most of what I've seen Elisabeth Moss in has been rather good.

Caporegime
Venom - 6/10

It's been on so many times I finally resigned myself to watching it properly. Was better than I was expecting. In fairness, it wasn't that much worse than your typical Marvel offering. Esp the Spiderman outings which tend to be the weakest of the line-up. Venom was certainly better than the last Spidey film I watched which was basically "Young Ironman", and was completely crap (think that was "Homecoming" - dire).

Soldato
Halloween Kills - didn't finish and I rarely switch off a movie, i've got a high tolerance for average horror but this had nothing good going for it.

I just can't figure out what they were going for, the 2018 sequel was well done and in the same spirit as the first Halloween, it paid homage while doing it's own unique twist on the story.

Kills was worse than Rob Zombies sequel and that was a trainwreck.

Man of Honour
The Suicide Squad (2021)

Trying to be a mixture of Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy. It worked a few times and the film started well enough, but dropped off in the middle and the end was so so.

6/10

Caporegime
No Time To Die
7/10
Reasonable entertainment if you just want action for a few hours and don't mind the poor story and plot holes.

Soldato
I'm one of those who rates the first highly, much to a lot of folks amusement, it would easily sit in an all time top 25 if I did a list, maybe even a top 10 depending on my mood on the day. Apart from a few slight mis-steps, it's a near perfect movie in my eyes.

The sequel was adequate but for me it was never going to match Denis Villenueve directing, Roger Deakins cinematography and Jóhann Jóhannsson's soundtrack on the first.
I've just recently watched both and definitely agree, the 2nd didn't scale the heights of the first. Brolin and Del Toro were great though Emily Blunt was equally as compelling and I somewhat missed a balancing character of her ilk in the 2nd installment.

Permabanned
The Green Knight - best film of the year in my opinion, sublime in so many ways. A 9/10 for me but equally I absolutely understand why many didn't take to it and hence its mediocre rating on IMDB.

Soldato
Halloween kills - Rubbish, the only thing that was good about it was Myers killing all the stupid people who seemed to be trying their hardest to get killed by him

The Right Stuff - Decent film about the early days of the space race from the US perspective

Soldato
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone at the Cinema 8/10 not the best in the series but a very strong introduction. Took the kids as a half term treat.

Caporegime
Army of Thieves - 1/5

Nathalie Emmanuel is fantastic, the guy that plays Sebastian is pretty good, although his character is really annoying, and the story was passable. Everything else was garbage.

The humour failed, the characters all seemed completely out of place, the acting was woeful and it was just plain boring.

Caporegime
The Prodigy - dumb as hell/10

One of those unintentionally hilarious films; awful, but not fun awful. Just regular awful.

(It's not about the music group, it's a silly film about a murderous kid)

Caporegime
Zodiac - 8/10

Robert Downey Jr plays Robert Downey Jr (again). But then 1/2 way through he exits stage left and Iron Man is no longer the main focus of the story.

Which is actually intriguing and interesting, and based on a true story.

Much better than a lot of the crap that's been on TV, lately.