1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, 2 Sep 2009.

1. Cadder

Wise Guy

Last night we watched Red Notice. 6/10 just switch off mentally and let it run.

I wanted it to be good but I just couldn't get along with it.

2. tres

Soldato

Boiling Point 8/10

Film shot entirely in one take, a look at a busy high end restaurant. The format makes it surprisingly tense to watch.

3. cu3ed

Capodecina

Seen The Eternals with bro, towards the end many people started to leave, we should have as well. Utter Kack.

4. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Spider-man 6/10

Really not aged well. The start is good with the origin story but the Green Goblin is just dire, he looks and acts like a Power Rangers villain. The bits with Dafoe alone in the mansion work well and the character scenes are ok but the fights are painfully bad.

5. barmyllama

Man of Honour

The Finest Hours (2016)

Based on the true story of one of the US Coast Guard's most daring rescues. Two oil tankers split in two during the same storm off the New England coast.

Quite enjoyed this and so did my wife. I didn't know anything about it before hand nor the how the real life rescue attempts turned out, so that kept the drama and tension up all the way to the end.

Currently on Disney+

7/10

6. Syore

Gangster

Zeros and Ones. The plot was well plotless, there were too many cut scenes that made it confusing to watch.

7. JamesH85

Hitman

Shang-Chi 9/10

Overall I was impressed with the fight scenes and Tony Leung. I think he carried the movie really well, I didn't know what to expect as I had no previous knowledge of this part of the MCU. Is the ending something people expected (with Wang/CM/Banner?)

8. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Venom - There Will Be Carnage - 5/10

I quite enjoyed the first Venom movie, it mostly worked and was a fun romp so with the inclusion of Carnage on this, I had high'ish hopes.

I was bored about 45 minutes in, it's only really worth watching for the schizophrenic back and forth between Eddie and Venom, Carnage is only there in name and appearance and bears virtually no resemblance to the comic incarnation. Stephen Graham clearly just starring to grab an easy pay check and his accent kept slipping back to scouse which was jarring.

If this is the best Andy Serkis can do as a director, i've no interest in anything he does next.

9. SupraWez

Wise Guy

Office Xmas Party, was alright with a few laughs :D

The 3rd xmas movie this month, hangs head in shame :)

10. Syore

Gangster

Melancholia. A slow build up, not bad.

11. dave28

Wise Guy

one i quite liked on tonight at 9.

kill command.

great if you like big killer robots

12. TriedandTested

Capodecina

Truly awful film. Way worse than the first one (and that set a very low bar). Everything about it was sub-par. 3/10.

13. JamesH85

Hitman

Just watched this and I'd probably give it a 4/10.
    I thought it was boring too and thought it was pretty poor screenplay. Also wasn't really that impressed with Hardy's or Harelspns performance.

14. [email protected]

Caporegime

I saw this a couple of nights back and also enjoyed it. I never knew what was going to happen next which kept it suspenseful throughout.

15. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings - 8½/10

Really enjoyed this. The fight scenes were almost 'too choreographed' but were excellent and quite different. Loved the bus scene. I'm not really sure why the friend is there, but there were some good comedic moments too. It was almost going on a bit long, but finished up just in time for my liking.

16. Rannoch

Soldato

Decent movie. Brainstorm is another movie with Walken that’s worth a look.

17. [email protected]

Caporegime

Thanks, I'll check it out.

18. fez

Capodecina

I thought it was just me. I wasn't a big fan of the first one but it was decent enough. Like a 6/10 perhaps. Second one just wasn't anywhere near as good. Same as the suicide squad sequel. Both of the sequels got much better reviews than the first ones for some reason.

19. Richeh

Mobster

Watched Spider-Man 1 and 2 back to back as not seen them in years.

I did not realise how fast/choppy the editing is of 1 for the first 45 mins or so until it slows down a bit. Still a very fine effort though and lots to like.

I still don't like 2 as much as a lot of people, whilst definitely a good film some slow parts and it also made me not like MJ as much (she leaves a guy at the altar for god sake lol) but upon rewatch many years later the second has a much more racially diverse side/extras cast that I didn't notice prior after watching it straight after number 1.

Yep, am gonna do 3 but I might wait a little longer :p

20. omnomnom

Capodecina

Encanto- really enjoyed this with a nice message. Nothing spectacular but the kids enjoyed it so that'll do. 7/10