What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Last night in Soho. I thought this was going to be decent film to watch due to the trailer. Plot could have been less linear, ending was meh.

Soldato
Watched Spider-Man 3 -.- pretty dang bad with very little to like. MJ comes off even worse and just way too much crammed in with terrible editing and strangely more noticeable CGI than the previous 2. Sandman had decent CGI and potential but just not enough screentime dedicated to him.

Caporegime
I watched the first two again, not going near spider-man 3 though. The second one was good but not as good as I remember it being, maybe superhero films have just come on a long way. It felt very...childish and the storyline with him forgetting how to use his powers felt really silly. Jameson was really the star in both films, hope he's just as good in the new one.

Soldato
Last night in Soho. I thought this was going to be decent film to watch due to the trailer. Plot could have been less linear, ending was meh.

After all the reviews and opinions I've read, I was expecting a decent film too. Massively disappointed. It just doesn't know what sort of film it wants to be. It certainly isn't scary. Bang average at best 5/10.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Venom let there be Carnage.
I was dissapointed with this movie. At least with the first one it was enjoyable. Movie should have been a little longer. 4/10

Bruised
It was ok. The fight scene at the end was way too long. Overall 5/10

Soldato
We went to watch King Richard, based on a true story of how Richard Williams coached two of his daughters to be Pro tennis players - Venus and Serena Williams.
We both very much enjoyed the film, Will Smith playing his role particularly well.
Perhaps even more enjoyable as the story was based on real events. The commitment and "focus" of Richard, along with his wife, was completely dedicated to the success of his daughters, but not at the cost of excluding other aspects of their development. Overall 9/10.

Associate
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - 5/10.

Watched Ten Rings last night, it's an enjoyable enough film but didn't really excite me as much as the other Marvel films. The martial arts scenes where nice enough, but other films with far smaller budgets have done them so much better. And for me the big fight at the end with the soul dragon/monster whatever it was, was so anticlimatic.

Assuming this is a setup for the next big story arc like Infinity War/Endgame I'm really not holding out much hope.

Associate
Watched Charlie's Angels and Full Throttle this weekend. 7/10. Was smiling pretty much the whole way through both movies. Cheesy & entertaining, and it doesn't hurt that they're all in various states of semi undress for most of both films :)

fez

fez

Soldato
We went to watch King Richard, based on a true story of how Richard Williams coached two of his daughters to be Pro tennis players - Venus and Serena Williams.
We both very much enjoyed the film, Will Smith playing his role particularly well.
Perhaps even more enjoyable as the story was based on real events. The commitment and "focus" of Richard, along with his wife, was completely dedicated to the success of his daughters, but not at the cost of excluding other aspects of their development. Overall 9/10.

I think you might be taking the dramatisation of their lives and upbringing without as much salt as you should be. Like all these stories its been "embellished" and perhaps paints a different picture to the reality. I'm sure if you ask other people around at the time they will tell a slightly different tale.

"King Richard" was the executive producer on the film so will have had a fair say in what made the cut and what didn't and how things should be portrayed. The stories I have heard paint him to be a man with a god complex who very much did neglect many aspects of raising normal healthy children in his pursuit of glory.

Soldato
I think you might be taking the dramatisation of their lives and upbringing without as much salt as you should be. Like all these stories its been "embellished" and perhaps paints a different picture to the reality. I'm sure if you ask other people around at the time they will tell a slightly different tale.

"King Richard" was the executive producer on the film so will have had a fair say in what made the cut and what didn't and how things should be portrayed. The stories I have heard paint him to be a man with a god complex who very much did neglect many aspects of raising normal healthy children in his pursuit of glory.

Yup.................

what I didn't do is to include the thoughts around how controlling he was with his daughters, well family as a whole. He was on "rails" - meaning it was life as he knew it to be without many exceptions. Even his wife, at one point, told him not to mistake silence for agreement and also if it was just about their marriage, and not the girls, she would be long gone. There was also something about his sons (???) didn't quite understand that part.
Richard was not concerned about being "nice" or encouraging his daughters to think independently. He was devoted and loved them deeply, as long as they conformed to his own expectations.

Perhaps I should have added something like that within a spoiler, forgot about those tags. Didn't want to give too much away from those who have ot seen it, or like me who knew next to nothing about them.

Top Bottom