What film did you watch last night?

Sully: Miracle on the Hudson. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3263904/

Even though I'm a big Hanks fan and Eastwood has directed some very good movies,
it's still has taken me a while to get around to viewing this. I wasn't disappointed either.
Very good and unsurprisingly, it's also quite emotional.
Oh it's such a great film! I loved it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Associate
Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022) - 7/10

A “something different” film with its plot, premise and style which manages to be very funny, silly and emotionally heart wrenching, but always entertaining.

The CGI was spectacular and full on, a real showcase of visual effects full of vibrant colours and perfect timing.

The plot, acting and fight scenes were good, but there weren’t that many fights and the film was too long with drawn out plot explanation sections.

The music and fashion was weird, but suited the presentation and meant you never knew what you were going to see next.

Don
I still haven't gotten around to watching this. Is it really as good as everyone keeps telling me? For some reason it just doesn't appeal to me.
It's quite averagely rated on IMDB, but I love it, as LizardKing mentions, the music and cinematography are cracking. The end also hit me in the feels which makes me rate it highly. Only negative I have with it is the day-dream sequences earlier on in the film, though this does shoe horn in the Walter Mitty aspect of it.

Soldato
The French Dispatch

Big fan of Wes Anderson, and delivered his usual style in spades. Phenomenal cast....the format of three separate short stories works well.

Man of Honour
Eternals (2021)

Total tosh for the most part. In fact the best bit was the use of Pink Floyd's track, Time, from Dark Side of the Moon during the opening credits.

Two and a half hours of my life I'm never getting back.

1/10

Associate
But wasn't Commissioner Gordon with him? He'd likely protect him.
I think the Chief was controlling the situation during the explosion as you see the barrel of the weapon being pointed at Batman just before he blacks out. Which would suggest to me that Batman could be a suspect in the Chief eyes which could lead to etc... Anyway i find that particular cut scene pretty convoluted as wouldn't it make sense to take him straight to A&E rather than the police station? Did the Joker blew all of them up?

Soldato
Ambulance.

Switch off stuff as its a bit silly but its good fun. Felt like it was maybe 30 mins too long though and the ending was super predictable.

7/10 Without Gyllenhaal its a 6.

Soldato
Started watching everything everywhere all at once and gave up after about 15 minutes. Just too frantic and impossible to follow.

So watched this instead:

Hatching 6.8/10
Strange Finnish fantasy horror film. Better than most of the films Hollywood are crapping out these days.

Definitely finding you have to look at indie and foreign films to find something worth watching now.

Soldato
Started watching everything everywhere all at once and gave up after about 15 minutes. Just too frantic and impossible to follow.

So watched this instead:

Hatching 6.8/10
Strange Finnish fantasy horror film. Better than most of the films Hollywood are crapping out these days.

Definitely finding you have to look at indie and foreign films to find something worth watching now.

Check out Unwelcome. Not our for a while yet, im not sure if it was delayed as im sure i saw the trailer before scream 5.

Soldato
I still haven't gotten around to watching this. Is it really as good as everyone keeps telling me? For some reason it just doesn't appeal to me.

its certainly underrated! the base storyline isn't ground breaking but if you appreciate cinematography and a bit of escapism/life journey then its a good investment of ~2 hours of your life :)

Soldato
Everything Everywhere All At Once

Brilliant stuff, had some real laugh out loud moments. It's humor reminds me a lot of KungFu hustle, whose sequel is out this year apparently.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Watched Top Gun in preparation for Top Gun 2 on Friday. Wow i couldnt remember it being so... clunky, pacing was off and the action sequences were i guess (brillant at the time) but not as good as i remembered. Could have sworn it was a lot better than what i watched. Guess as a kid you dont notice as much :D

Soldato
Everything Everywhere All At Once - 7?/10

It didn't help that I was distracted while I think they were explaining how it worked and what went, so it was quite an odd one to watch. At the same time, I think I generally understood what it was about and it was quite fun to watch.

Top Bottom