What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
The Black Phone 8.5/10

I enjoyed it. Well acted by the mostly young cast. Nifty little concept i thought, could have used a touch more backstory in places but nevertheless entertaining.

Soldato
The Signal, went into it blind (best way to watch it, don't look up anything about it), entertaining movie.

This one? I love this movie.

Soldato
With the færies wearing black cherries for rings

This one? I love this movie.

Yep, that's the one.

Totally different movie to what I expected after the first ten minutes or so!

Soldato
Jerry & Marge Go Large - probably one more for the mrs but i quite enjoyed this, its light and fun, worth the time investment for sure.
Also watched Star Wars Ep1, i've probably not seen this since release, yeah sure it will never meet the fan expectations of the sequels (ep4+) but what will?!, ignoring the hardcore fandom it stands the test of time and pretty good overall, jar jar binks is still annoying though....

Soldato
Beavis and Butthead do the Universe - for fans 8/10, for everyone else 3/10 - I've been a huge fan since the MTV days nearly 30 years ago and was never expecting this movie to happen! It follows a very similar arc to the original film i.e "a miscommunication leads B&B into unforeseen shenanigans while they remain oblivious to the carnage they cause" and, like the original within 5 minutes I was laughing so hard I was struggling to breathe. The pace does die off around the middle third but overall, as a fan, it was really enjoyable and I'll definitely watch it again.

For those who aren't diehard fans the animation is basic, the story in fanciful at best, the music is OK but the 2 leads characters are just so unlikeably dumb I can see it getting frustrating to watch.

Beavis and butthead do the universe 7/10
Great to see something from my youth brought back and not be terrible. Some very funny moments.

Not sure what the Mrs made of it though :p

Agree with these views. I’m a massive fan from when it was originally on MTV so I had some genuine laugh out loud moments. Not sure if a new audience would “get it”.

Associate

The Details

A 2011 Tobey Maguire Romp....enjoyed this was fun 6.5/10 . Ray Liotta makes a good cameo appearance and was a random youtube movie scenes clip which put me onto this film (which had never come across before)

Man of Honour
Rain Man (again for the umpteenth time)
9.5/10
Amazing film and amazing acting by Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise. Also a fantastic soundtrack. I can't believe the film is 33 years old now. It swept the Oscars and deservedly so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom