What film did you watch last night?

Associate
currently watching shawshank redemption seen it more times than i care to remember would rate is 9/10

the other day i saw get him to the greek average movie requiring anyone to watch it not have to think at all had a few laughs 6/10

pans labyrinth have been meaning to watch this for a long time saw that it was on film four on saturday night definately worth the hype 9.5/10

Associate
Mother's Day - 8.5/10

Watched this 2010 remake last night, never seen the 1980 one so can't compare but i thought this was ace, kept me glued from start to finish.

Soldato
Water for Elephants

Mediocre adaption, actually, nothing like the book. As a movie, entertaining! Waltz did not disappoint, nor did grouchy grumpy Pattinson or Witherspoon. In fact the lead cast all seemed to be on the ball.

The plot as a whole worked, on the screen though it just felt like we were missing bits and bobs.

7/10 (held up by the acting)

Soldato
Alexander - well the first half of it. Seriously Oliver Stone, what were you thinking? Irish Macedonians? Three hours of rambling relationship stuff? No big battles in a film about one of history's greatest generals? Kids slightly fancying each other? WELL THAT WORKED WELL.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Black Knight on TV

I never really enjoy medieval sort of films but I found this funny as its a sort of black comedy hits medieval times, and a few shots of some nice corset breastages.

5.7/10

Last edited:
Associate
I agree Sunshine was really good - until the whole slasher thing kicked off :rolleyes:
Cant fault the soundtrack though - simply outstanding!

Back on topic I've just finished watching Kill The Irishmen on the recommendation of a friend and what a brilliant movie it was. Tells the true story of Danny Greene and his rise through the the criminal underworld with all the links to the Mafia in Cleveland in the 70's.

Some big names in there too including Christopher Walken, Vinnie Jones, Val (God he's got fat) Kilmer and an outstanding performance from Ray Stevenson as Danny. :cool:

9/10

Cheers great film :D

Caporegime
Fast 5

Cars, guns, women, cars, women, fighting, cars, women, bromance, cars, women.

5 *'s from me!

A little bit of Oceans 11, a touch of The Italian Job, all wrapped up rather well. The Rock switched over a little easily imo, but I'll let that go.

8/10. Would happily see again

Man of Honour
I just watched Toy Story 3. Perfectly watchable with a very good last 20 minutes. Ultimately, the series is just too twee to me and I like it less compared to other pixar works such as wall-e. The support characters such as Mr. Potato head and the pig are predictable and annoying. Still, I guess I enjoyed it.

3/5

Associate
Saw Thor tonight. I went in with low expectations, and am pretty unfamiliar with the Marvel source material, but I quite liked it. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

Soldato
shawshank has just started on itv and after probably the 8th time of watching, i have only just noticed 'red's real name!

Yeah the bit where he gets his stamp of approval?

edit: they should have used a better photo of the young Red in that book, looks nothing like him! (it's not him is it?).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom