What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Jungle Book - this 2016 'live action' remake of the 50 year old animation finds itself as a blend of The Jungle Book, The Lion King and Avatar, it looks fantastic and has some good moments and a fine cast and was good entertainment but what was the point? I did really like Christopher Walken as a massive King Louie. 3/5

Soldato
Jungle Book - this 2016 'live action' remake of the 50 year old animation finds itself as a blend of The Jungle Book, The Lion King and Avatar, it looks fantastic and has some good moments and a fine cast and was good entertainment but what was the point? I did really like Christopher Walken as a massive King Louie. 3/5

I was utterly bored of it by the time Walken came on screen and switched it off. Highlight was Murray..."I nap, a lot"

As you said "what was the point"...felt like a tech experiment more than a re-imagining of the original movie.

Unfortunately it's done really well so we're in for loads of live action Disney remakes now, BATB first, followed by Lion King and most likely everything else.

We won't get the one that I want though, clue in my username ;)

Soldato
Deep water horizon. Never really felt like they were in any danger, I know it's based on a true story so they have to stick to it but I felt it was missing something.

Caporegime
I was utterly bored of it by the time Walken came on screen and switched it off. Highlight was Murray..."I nap, a lot"

As you said "what was the point"...felt like a tech experiment more than a re-imagining of the original movie.

Unfortunately it's done really well so we're in for loads of live action Disney remakes now, BATB first, followed by Lion King and most likely everything else.

We won't get the one that I want though, clue in my username ;)

Cinderella was first and was pretty good. BatB is one of my favourite films ever, but the new love action one looks rubbish.

Associate
A Monster Calls (2016) - 9/10

A heart-wrenching and emotional story of a boy coming to terms with losing a loved one.

The story is powerful and emotive, but also predictable and some scenes are cliché.

Strong acting from a great cast, and great use of the dream sequences and superb watercolour artwork make this film stand out.

Agreed with your score a definite 9/10 for me too. Wasn't sure what to expect as had seen nothing about this film before seeing it. Didn't think it was predictable or cliche just thought it was fantastic from start to finish. I just wish I'd remembered some tissues the last 20 minutes are absolutely gut wrenching. Stunning special effects and art direction and great acting performances especially from young Lewis MacDougall.

Caporegime
Man of Steel 7/10

I'd heard so many bad things about this, so I wasn't expecting much but, actually, it's not a bad sci-fiish action movie. Certainly not the worst superhero movie ever, and the dropping of one of the most stupid superman tropes is welcome. Not the greatest movie ever but fun to watch and pretty in parts.

Soldato
Ink - watched it a few year back as well and its still as good now as it was then, it starts off slow after the initial intro but builds into an all inspiring finale.

For a film that had a 250k budget its amazing and for that you need to forgive some of the poor makeup/acting but overall it doesn't distract you to much.

Soldato
Man of Steel 7/10

I'd heard so many bad things about this, so I wasn't expecting much but, actually, it's not a bad sci-fiish action movie. Certainly not the worst superhero movie ever, and the dropping of one of the most stupid superman tropes is welcome. Not the greatest movie ever but fun to watch and pretty in parts.

Zod was a huge dissapointment for me and superman played out as a charisma vacuum .

Soldato
Ink - watched it a few year back as well and its still as good now as it was then, it starts off slow after the initial intro but builds into an all inspiring finale.

For a film that had a 250k budget its amazing and for that you need to forgive some of the poor makeup/acting but overall it doesn't distract you to much.

For low budget punching above it's weight, Rodriguez el mariachi had a reported 3K budget and is very watchable in my opinion.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104815/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_32

Back
Top Bottom