What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Swiss Army Man - 9/10.

I love movies that take you on a journey to some place strange and this took me to somewhere very strange! It sits along side Hunt for the Wilderpeople as my favourite movie of 2016. Great escapism.

Soldato
The Accountant 8.8/10 best film ive seen this year :D

Magic 8/10 (oldish Anthony Hopkins film) great film just to see AH give a mesmerizing performance in this psychological drama.

Soldato
See I thought it was the best of the 3. The other 2 seemed to drag a touch. This one kept me entertained throughout.

A 6 to 7 is a fair assessment for all of them given they really just action films in space now.

Main plot of 3 is Captain Kirk thinking about quitting (getting a desk job) because he is bored and not motivated anymore to explore the galaxy..... absolutely farcical

Soldato
Main plot of 3 is Captain Kirk thinking about quitting (getting a desk job) because he is bored and not motivated anymore to explore the galaxy..... absolutely farcical

And the bad guy is star fleet, just annoyed at being left behind.
And he attacks a brand new, deep space orbital hub.... which just happens to be populated by millions if not billions.... yet it is brand new, and fully developed, and mature.
The suspend your disbelief is fine for sci-fi but when the non sci-fi bits are gubbins, it makes things difficult.

Like that crap in the first one about romulus being destroyed, and unfortunately them not getting mytical unexplained plot point, red matter, there in time, even thought it wouldn't have saved the planet.
What?

Basic idiocy ruins action films.

Soldato
The Accountant (2016) 9/10

Really enjoyed this movie, and I felt Affleck's portrayal of autism was fantastic.

My wife predicted the twist way before I did.....I suppose in hind sight it was kinda obvious.

Great movie.

Soldato
Was thinking the same thing - I don't even thing War Dogs is out on home media yet, let alone Netflix.

You would be surprised what Netflix releases sometimes.

Eddie the Eagle and another movie called Hunt for the Wilderpeople, are very recent editions both of which I had on my bluray rental list, the latter not even out until 16th Jan at a certain rental company.

Soldato
The Accountant (2016) 9/10

Really enjoyed this movie, and I felt Affleck's portrayal of autism was fantastic.

My wife predicted the twist way before I did.....I suppose in hind sight it was kinda obvious.

Great movie.

Yes i agree. Affleck was very good and i dont normally like him that much.

I have to say i initially thought the twist would be that the agency financial director dude was actually Affleck's dad. Also who is the Voice? Was that the girl on the computer at the end? Another mini twist as well.

Caporegime
Passengers

Yes, the start is slow, but that is intentional. I really enjoyed it, lovely looking ship, and JLaw was yummy.

7/10

Keeping Up With The Joneses

Mr & Mrs Smith meets *insert generic suburban comedy here*. No real laughs at all, the only saving grace is Gal and Isla in their knickers/sexy dresses.

4/10

Caporegime
Batman vs Superman - Dawn of Justice - 6/10

Felt in a lot of ways like watching The Matrix 3 without having seen the first two. Seemed like there really wouldn't be much left to do after this film.

Now we've all seen the backstory to Batman and Superman's characters, so you can understand why the film brushes over all that.

But sadly there's almost no character development for anyone, here. Lex Luthor is especially weak. He has precious little screen time, and his sole motivation is as follows: "I want to kill Superman because my Dad fisted me as a child." And that's it.

One of the principle characters only really makes an appearance right at the very end, for the CGI heavy finale.

The film is quite slow, and much of the running time is sadly dedicated to Batman brooding in one place or another. Sad then that so little time is given to fleshing out any of the characters or telling a compelling story.

Die-hard comic fans will be getting mostly what they want. CGI battles between their favourite comic characters. General audiences will probably find the film a bit wanting.

Soldato
Batman vs Superman - Dawn of Justice - 6/10

Die-hard comic fans will be getting mostly what they want. CGI battles between their favourite comic characters. General audiences will probably find the film a bit wanting.

Die hard comic fan checking in. ;)

I didn't get what I wanted, I got a mess of three movies crammed into one with occasional moments that satisfied.

Affleck is superb as Batman, he gets the character spot on, both in suit and as Wayne. He's also finally someone who seems to have the build and athleticism to portray batman right in fight scenes.

Loved WW and Alfred, didn't care for anything else...there has never been a good Superman on film or TV and doubt there ever will be. Lex was just Joker light.

Soldato
. Also who is the Voice? Was that the girl on the computer at the end? Another mini twist as well.

I suppose there were 3 'twists' in this film really:

1)The CEO was behind everything
2)The assassin was Affleck's brother
3)I took it that the girl on the computer at the end was Affleck's 'handler/voice'

Back
Top Bottom