What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Army of Thieves - yeah it was a bit pants.

Dieter and Korina (to a degree) were the only decent ones in it - the rest of the case were pretty crap. Brad Cage and the Interpol cop especially.

And we're really expected to believe that he can crack safes using hearing alone? The best safes in the world? And in mere seconds?

Get out of town!!

Caporegime
I can't believe so many people are watching the new one after Army of The Dead was so bad.

Watched some horror films over the last few nights, getting harder to find good ones I haven't seen.

Saturday was:

The Void - Low budget, bit Lovecraftian 6/10
Autopsy of Jane Doe - Seen this before but still a great film, pretty much everything I love in a modern horror 9/10

Last night was:

Session 9 - hadn't heard of this, refreshing lack of jump scares just a good uneasy atmosphere. Not perfectly executed but good 7/10
The Ring - I've seen the original but for some reason never got round to watching the remake. Was surprisingly good, probably better than the original 8/10

Man of Honour
No Time To Die (2021)

Not the best Craig Bond film and certainty not the worst. But it was far too long and positively snails pace at times. Some of the acting was a bit ropey, particularly the main villain Rami Malek and Bond's love interest, Lea Seydoux. As was some of the script's dialogue and plot elements. I don't know how Ben Whishaw can say smart blood without laughing.

The Bond theme was one of the worst ever.

Action sequences were great, as was the camera work and cinematography. Daniel Craig was as good as ever, but for me Ana de Armas was the best thing in the film and she had more chemistry with Craig than Seydoux. Would have preferred to see more her in the film, she was great.

Overall I think Craig's era of Bond has been by far the best and dare I say my favourite Bond ever. This from someone born in 1969 and grew up with Roger Moore as Bond.

6.5/10

Soldato
If that's true, then I'm in.

My only hesitation is the choice of director.

The film will follow a young female assassin who seeks revenge against the people who killed her family. The film’s budget is quite sizeable and said to be in the $50-80 million range.

Len Wiseman (“Underworld”) is aboard to direct from a script by Shay Hatten (“John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum”). Basil Iwanyk, Erica Lee and Chad Stahelski will produce.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/ana-de-armas-circling-wick-spin-off/

Man of Honour
The Green Knight (2021)

Didn't know anything about the film going in or the Arthurian legend it's based on.

Didn't particularly enjoy it, although I did watch until the end. Kind of expecting something big to happen at some point, but it didn't. Not for me anyway or my wife, she was probably ready to turn it off after twenty minutes.

It kind of reminded me of Valhalla Rising with Mads Mikkelsen, which is another film with long periods without dialogue (Mads never says a word) and just a guy on a journey that doesn't really go anywhere story wise. At least that had the good sense to be 90 minutes long and not over two hours.

I can see why critics loved it but audiences are divided.

4/10

Soldato
Night Teeth - objectively a 6/10 movie but it hit the right notes and really enjoyed it.

An easy going romp about a driver drawn into the vampire underworld in LA and an upstart vampires plans to destroy a long standing truce. Entirely predictable and very silly but quite entertaining, knew what to expect from the trailer which likely helped.

Soldato
Night Teeth 5.5/10. Enjoyable but it just seems like something I've seen before.

Army of Thieves. 7.5/10. I was hesitant to watch this after AotD but this was actually really fun. My wife enjoyed it too. The two leads were excellent.
It was also amuing to play "Discount Movie Star" too. We spotted discount versions of Hugh Jackman, Romesh R and Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Soldato
Paranormal activity next of kin 3/10
Thought the first one was fairly decent as this type of film goes, but they have progressively deteriorated with each sequel. This one is an absolute turd. Don't bother.

It was absolute garbage wasnt it. The worst for me by a while and wasnt anything like the others.

Back
Top Bottom