What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Gave Werewolves Within a whirl as it was on Netflix - classic case I feel of someone having a good premise but not really knowing how to take it anywhere. OK as a distraction, slightly intriguing for the first half and a few comedy moments. Doesn't really develop the build up into anything interesting.

Soldato
Gave Werewolves Within a whirl as it was on Netflix - classic case I feel of someone having a good premise but not really knowing how to take it anywhere. OK as a distraction, slightly intriguing for the first half and a few comedy moments. Doesn't really develop the build up into anything interesting.

Pretty much my feelings on it too. Some of the characters were fun enough, but I'd lost interest long before the denouement.

Soldato
LOTR - The Fellowship of The Ring (Extended edition) in 4k

I'm a big LOTR fan and it was actually quite weird to see scenes I have not seen before and how they were cut from the version released in the cinema.

Was amazing to watch in 4k as some of the scenery and detail make it even better. Can't give it any less than 10/10

Man of Honour
Pretty much my feelings on it too. Some of the characters were fun enough, but I'd lost interest long before the denouement.

I wish they'd either gone one way or the other with it - it could have worked as a more slapstick approach, few more colourful characters to kill off and silly accidental deaths, etc. or a bit more serious whodunnit take with more time developing the character threads and a bit more depth to the mystery.

Associate
Werewolves Within (2021) - 7/10

Kooky characters in a quirky setting, but the plot doesn’t really go anywhere and has little mystery or tension before it’s over.

It’s very entertaining with some great jokes and riffs on the usual formula, but they are told so quickly you can barely hear them.

Associate
Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City - I'm not into the games and therefore don't know the lore or backstories, etc. So I took this completely at face value... What a load of crap! It was the messiest, poorly executed, terribly acted rubbish I've ever wasted my time watching. A bit of a shame really as some of the cast wasn't bad. I've been known to enjoy some pretty poor films, I turn off my brain and just go with it, but this didn't allow me to do that.

2/10 and that's only because I like both Kaya Scodelario and Hannah John-Kamen :)

Soldato
The Power of the Dog - 7/10

Really enjoyed this. Very tense. BC is certainly an on-screen presence, although I thought there should have been more to the brothers disagreements. They were very reserved, especially JP. There were a couple of jumps in time that felt like some additional material had been cut (it played like a movie that wanted to be 2.5hrs instead of 2hrs) but I think it was better for it. Well worth a watch.

Don
The King's Man - 7/10
In two minds with this, the fun elements of the previous two are largely gone and tone shifts to sometimes anti-war film to yeh hah action fick are a bit odd. Still enjoyable though, whilst set against a background of real events is quite interesting.

Caporegime
Venom 2 let there be garbage.

Whilst I did laugh several times at the relationship between Eddie? And venom that was about it. I literally cannot remember anything else that happens. It's a funny premise, I find it about as funny as Ryan Reynolds, I mean Deadpool.

Back
Top Bottom