What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Lazy copy paste from batman thread...

Like a lot of people I suspect, i'm suffering a bit of Batman fatigue - however saw this on saturday and apart from a few small nitpicks, thought it was fantastic.

Pattinson was a superb Batman, an ok Bruce Wayne but luckily this is a Batman movie with plenty of actual Batman in it. All supporting roles were performed extremely well - everyone felt totally invested in the movie. Farrell and Dano both shined in their roles.

Good to see the world greatest detective doing some detective work as well, I truly hope we get more from this director and Pattinson.

8.5/10 for me and borderline as good as TDK which i'd score about the same.

Associate
Not last night, but over 3 nights last week:

The Lord of The Rings - all 3 extended versions.

First re-watch for at least 10 years, but they still hold up really well. I can remember going to see them every December between 2001-03. I feel old..:(

I think "Fellowship" is my favourite. Maybe.

Soldato
The Batman - 8.5/10

Seems a popular score and well deserved, excellent film.

Joker - 9/10

Second time I've seen this and Joaquins performance still absolutely blew me away.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not last night, but over 3 nights last week:

The Lord of The Rings - all 3 extended versions.

First re-watch for at least 10 years, but they still hold up really well. I can remember going to see them every December between 2001-03. I feel old..:(

I think "Fellowship" is my favourite. Maybe.

Haven't watched them in years because they are long and my partner has the attention span of a gnat so anything like LotR is too much effort to actually watch. Some of my favourite films ever though. Need to make time to re-watch them.

Soldato
I've never been a fan of super hero films at all; so this was a big experiment for me to watch all of the MCU films.

I've therefore been watching in this order:
https://www.thewrap.com/marvel-movies-in-order-how-to-watch/

Which means Shang Chi is next :(

I've just been watching in release order since Iron Man essentially - have fun with Shang Chi :D

Although I shouldn't be cocky, i'm a completionist so need to watch Eternals before Spidey comes out.

Associate
I've just been watching in release order since Iron Man essentially - have fun with Shang Chi :D

Although I shouldn't be cocky, i'm a completionist so need to watch Eternals before Spidey comes out.
I quite enjoyed Eternals, but it doesn't really fit in with the overall Marvel narrative. Go in thinking of it as a generic'ish sci-fi film and it's not half bad.

Soldato
I quite enjoyed Eternals, but it doesn't really fit in with the overall Marvel narrative. Go in thinking of it as a generic'ish sci-fi film and it's not half bad.

The trailer isn't entirely terrible and apart from a few lines of dialogue that tie it to MCU, it does look like a generic sci-fi movie as you say - just can't get the meme out of my head about 'when you order your Avengers from Wish.com' :D

Associate
Haven't watched them in years because they are long and my partner has the attention span of a gnat so anything like LotR is too much effort to actually watch. Some of my favourite films ever though. Need to make time to re-watch them.

They're still awesome. Watching them again showed me just how superior to the recent Hobbit movies they are!

Also last week, for the first time ever: Saturday Night Fever (1977)

18 Version. Well I didn't expect that! I'd thought it was a movie purely about Travolta prancing about - which was why I was reluctant to ever watch it. Definitely a movie of its time.

Caporegime
Scream 2022 - 8/10

Better than it has any right to be really, manages to keep the meta edge and hits surprisingly well. Cast is really good with the slight negative of Courtney Cox being unable to move her face any more. Loved the little nods to slasher cliches and references to both itself and other modern horror films.

Soldato
The House of Gucci - Style over substance this one, not to dissimilar to the brand. Theres a decent story behind the film just a shame it failed to deliver on it. Not sure if it was the acting or fake accents but for the most part they just all came off as Italian caricatures.

Associate
The Batman (2022) - 8/10

Grim, dark, gloomy and moody with some powerful iconic imagery and a dramatic story in an overly gothic setting.

The story’s good with plenty of drama and action, but without the grand scale of explosive action or tongue in cheek of other superhero movies, it is a bit hard going at times.

Still, the acting performances were great with some good character development and the grittier, down to earth style suited the run down and corrupt setting.

Apart from the final act which kept bringing in additional scenes, it didn’t feel long at all.

Associate
Scream 2022. It was not a bad watch. It was like watching the original one but modernized while using the same theme, atmosphere and most of the original plot but with a modern twist to it.

Back
Top Bottom