What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I watched Shang Chi again this week (saw it at the cinema) still think it's very good, especially if you like Wuxia. The final scene is a bit CGI heavy but I love the Chinese mythology visuals.

Soldato
I watched Shang Chi again this week (saw it at the cinema) still think it's very good, especially if you like Wuxia. The final scene is a bit CGI heavy but I love the Chinese mythology visuals.

You see I saw that as just a way of them trying to cash in on the Chinese cinema market. Wasn't a fan of Shang Chi at all.

Adam project was a fun film, Ryan Reynolds being well Ryan Reynolds but not as annoying as he was in Free Guy. 6/10

Soldato
Adam project tonight. I don't know how much longer Ryan can go on playing Ryan. The road has all but run out for me. He needs to start doing other things, quickly.

The film gets a 6/10 from me, bonus for the Speedmaster watch appearance, I haven't seen one on screen this often since Apollo 13.

Soldato
The Adam Project - 7½/10

I could almost be talked into an 8/10 tbh, I really enjoyed it. I personally think as @Puzzled said, he actually toned it down a little and let the movie just be a good movie. The kid with RR lines didn't always work, but I did chuckle at "super hero landing..." :cry:

Man of Honour
I think if he'd toned it down just a little more it would have suited the movie better but I think it mostly worked - but it was an enjoyable movie which largely avoided the pitfalls of far too many TV shows/movies of late.

Caporegime
Batman and Robin. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118688/

I didn't view it for long as I fell asleep and the only reason I watched for as long as I did was that I wanted to see Arnold in his role as Mr. Freeze.

From the word go something didn't seem 'right' though I think it probably would have worked if it was an animated film instead. I'll just leave it at that.

Associate
The Adam Project (2022) - 6/10

A heartfelt but awkward time travel story with Reynold’s signature humour.

The story and special effects are good but the focus on emotional drama makes it a bit boring at times and the whole delivery, including some of the acting, felt a bit off.

It’s enjoyable entertainment, but nothing special.

Man of Honour
The Batman.

Great film. Well worth all the praise it's been getting.

Do yourself a favour. If you think you're interested in seeing it then go to the cinema. It will look terrible on anything streaming service or anything other than a high end TV.

It must be the darkest film I've seen in a long time. We're talking more than Blade Runner or Se7en.

I'm not even sure if any scenes take place in daylight.

8.5/10

Caporegime
The Batman

9/10

I thought it was excellent! A very very good film, might even top some of the Nolan films for me upon a rewatch.

I also cannot wait for this on 4K blu ray, it will look incredible on an OLED, I hope it comes with Atmos/Vision.

The reveal of this thing was incredible. I was grinning from ear to ear the entire time. It sounded like it was alive and ready for vengeance. Second favourite batmobile after 1989 for sure.

Back
Top Bottom