What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
X (2022) - 7/10

Quite a good low budget effect horror slasher. Didn't really bring anything new to the genre but did what it did well. The music score was eerie and though it relied mainly on jump scares, they worked on the whole as it built up the general tension well.

Associate
Ambulance (2022) - 8/10

A very enjoyable and entertaining film with lots of Michael Bay’s signature style and an outlandish plot.

It effectively builds up the tension and manages it keep it high for a long time, punctuated with light hearted moments during the stress and very little down time.

It does get quite silly in the second half, but it seems to embrace the absurdity which makes the film even more entertaining.

There’s plenty of action, police procedural moments and cars being smashed up, but also the physical and emotional conflict between the characters within the ambulance itself. Their backstories are rather cliché, but the acting performances are strong and overall, the production is very well done.

Soldato
A very enjoyable and entertaining film with lots of Michael Bay’s signature style and an outlandish plot
I actually really ****ing enjoyed this :D Great cinema movie. Like a great mixture of Heat and Speed. All the performances were great too. Highly recommend. 8/10 from me too.

Soldato
OP
Vicious Fun - One for horror/comedy fans. A young horror journalist in the 1980's through a series of events ends up accidentally in an 'AA' meeting for serial killers.

If your a fan of the the genre it is great fun, kept me entertained. 7.5/10. On shudder.

Associate
Did you enjoy it?

The hunt for red October, yes very good submarine film, think i seen it years ago when i was much younger, but sean connery and alec baldwin done a great job, will have to check out the other films in the jack ryan series, clear and present danger and patriot games, but onto the batman, going to see it in the cinema later today, looking forward to it !!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

1/10

Utterly execrable. Boring, unimaginative characters, boring unimaginative script, awful generic 'action' sequences, crappy CGI, jokes...dreadful, not a single one landed.

Just all round cheap, poorly executed drivel trying to rinse some money out of a franchise. Can't believe I paid money for it.

Associate
Black Crab , 1/10 WTF was this about.

The Death of Stalin 10/10 , Jason Isaacs is awesome as Zhukov and Brezhnev looking at Krushchevs back at the end is eerie.

Last edited:
Associate
In a post-apocalyptic world, six soldiers on a covert mission must transport a mysterious package across a frozen archipelago

That actually sounds pretty good. But most post apocalyptic films tend to suffer from terrible scripts

Exactly what i thought , but watch it yourself then see if you can make any sense of it.

Soldato
Ghostbusters Afterlife.

Enough to not trip over the boundaries, feeling the 10 year old again in my 40's. I don't think they had to play the ending out as they did, could have left it in the minds eye.

A film for all ages, solid entertainment.

Associate
Copshop - 6/10

Enjoyed it for what is is. It came across as a film trying to be smarter than it was. I feel it could have been better with some minor tweaks, but it filled my Sunday afternoon.

Associate
The American. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440728/

I haven't seen many Clooney films but I thought this was the best I'd seen with him in.

It's very much the slow-burner type movie with tense and atmospheric scenes throughout.

The only downside I can think of is maybe it was just a tad anti-climatic.

All in all, well worth checking out.

Enjoyed this thanks..... missed it the first time round

Caporegime
Ghostbusters Afterlife.
. I don't think they had to play the ending out as they did, could have left it in the minds eye.

I'd agree if the cg wasn't upto par at the end, but it was incredibly well done. It could have ended up looking a bit farcical but the cg iteration they came up with worked very well.

Soldato
The Rescue.

National geographic documentary on the Rescue of the 12 children and their coach from a cave in Thailand. Not a fan of National Geographic documentaries usually, but, they did a good with this.

Despite knowing the ending (so to speak) I still got caught in the emotion of the rescue. It really was an amazing achievement to save them all.

Back
Top Bottom