What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
The Green Knight

A very strange take on the medieval Arthurian poem which is deeply unfaithful to the themes and story of the original. Slow, weird, arty, under-explained, and mostly very beautiful, I suspect it's a very marmite movie but I very much enjoyed it even if I don't really know why they diverged so far from the original story.

Not everyone's cup of tea 8/10

Soldato
Mad Max was just painful to watch. Wasn't rating it on the stunts, but it bored me ****less and had such horrendous acting. That's why it gets a 2/10 from me. You obviously like it a lot more, which is fine, but I thought it was **** - in fact all four films are pretty rubbish.
I wouldn't normally say this but the art direction of the movie is amazing!

Associate
Batman Ninja (2018) - 5/10

A veritable cast of heroes and villains who each had their own visual style, but most were barely used, except for the Joker and Harley Quinn, who were very entertaining in every scene.

The animation was superb with a fantastic blend of art styles and lots of fast paced over the top action, but the pacing of the story could have been better.

The story was ok, but it wasn’t at all what I wanted or expected. The escalation of conflict was extremely ridiculous right from the early stages, but it was constantly surprising and engaging enough.

Soldato
No time to Die .

Very surprised to see this so soon on Mason Prime . A solid Bond film - 8/10.

So with a lot of big flicks now going to Disney and Amazon is there any point in my Sky Movies subscription anymore ?

Soldato
It does amaze me how upset people get over such trivial things. I think the term ********* is censored here but these people who cry woke at things truest are the real **********.

Its absolutely pathetic. You go into a new film thread with a trailer and someone will always pick at something.

Associate
Moonfall. The plot was meh but the cgi was not bad. It felt like i was watching a movie that was made just for making money rather than making it good.

Caporegime
Saw: The Final Chapter. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1477076/

As is often the case, bits of this seemed familiar when viewing early on, but I'm pleased to say that quite a bit of it wasn't lodged in the back of my memory,
so it was like watching it for the first time. As expected with the multitude of follow-ups in a series like this, the story is convoluted and at times
pretty far fetched, though the odd detail here and there was, IMO, fairly well written. An enjoyable movie for one-off or limited repeated viewings.

I'm struggling to recall what became of Eleanor at the end?

Associate
Doctor Sleep (2019) 7/10

The sequel to Stephen King's classic 'The Shining' from 1980, one of the best horror films ever.

Director seemingly threw in a few references of the original film which is disjointed and seemed pointless, as though to remind the viewer tis film is part of the 'Shining'.

The film on its own has some good sequences without the need to drag or replicate the classic scenes from the original.

It's pretty good and I did enjoy, albeit at 3 hours, stretched out - a film that despite the characters bears no semblance to the original.

Caporegime
No Time To Die

Awful. Not emotionally resonant when it tried to be and not funny when it tried to do that either.

A strange film with a totally nonsensical plot, awkward pacing and tone and Daniel Craig seemingly phoning it in.

I'll give it some points as a few of the action scenes were ok.

4/10

Back
Top Bottom