What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Dune 2021, seen it several times but this time was just me the dog a takeaway and some beers (me, not the dog, beer, not the takeaway). What a feast for the senses this film is.

Associate
The Batman. The plot was subpar but could be better. It had a plot hole in the first hour which could possibly ruin the whole film. What was missing was the lack of suspense. Overall a boring watch.

Soldato
Kate (2021) - 5/10

A standard female assassin revenge thriller set in modern day Tokyo with a great lead, but a drawn out ending.

There isn’t much of a story or character development, but there’s lots of modern Japanese culture and style and the lead actors are good.

The fight scenes are a bit slow and stilted, but the other action scenes were good.
Kate - 6½/10 (Netflix)

Most reviews on here have it between 5 and 7, which I would say is about right. It's not a bad way to pass a couple of hours, but nothing special.

Soldato
Watched Cape Fear again last night. Brilliant film. A masterclass in suspense and a chilling theme tune.

De Niro’s played many villains in his career, but for me, Max Cady is by far the most terrifying.
Watched it last night. It's a long time since I last watched it and you forget how much is a nasty ******* he is in it.

Also quite cool that Robert Mitchum (the copper) was Max Cady in the original

Man of Honour
Watched it last night. It's a long time since I last watched it and you forget how much is a nasty ******* he is in it.

Also quite cool that Robert Mitchum (the copper) was Max Cady in the original
Gregory Peck was in it and the original. I also think the guy that played the judge in the remake was also in the original.

Too slow

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ambulance.

I honestly don't know what possessed me to watch a Michael Bay film as his films are always, without exception absolute dumpster fires of disaster films which go beyond "artistic licence" at warp speed straight in to "I really hope my viewers eat crayons to get away with this" but the trailer looked decent so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

What I got was completely irrelevant scenes, plotholes and dumbassery which even a 5 year old would be able to see straight through, acting which may as well have been cardboard cutouts, camera angles and short-cut scenes which were just completely ridiculous, and a plot which was clearly a half arsed attempt to just stitch together a load of action scenes which were absolute guff anyway. I turned it off after about 30 mins.

If I'd paid for it I'd have asked for my money back, it was so bad it actually irritated me, I honestly can't speak poorly enough of this absolute disaster of a film. This should be punishment for defectors and traitors, not sold to people.

0/10.

Permabanned

I honestly don't know what possessed me to watch a Michael Bay film as his films are always, without exception absolute dumpster fires of disaster films which go beyond "artistic licence" at warp speed straight in to "I really hope my viewers eat crayons to get away with this" but the trailer looked decent so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

What I got was completely irrelevant scenes, plotholes and dumbassery which even a 5 year old would be able to see straight through, acting which may as well have been cardboard cutouts, camera angles and short-cut scenes which were just completely ridiculous, and a plot which was clearly a half arsed attempt to just stitch together a load of action scenes which were absolute guff anyway. I turned it off after about 30 mins.

If I'd paid for it I'd have asked for my money back, it was so bad it actually irritated me, I honestly can't speak poorly enough of this absolute disaster of a film. This should be punishment for defectors and traitors, not sold to people.

0/10.
I watched this the other day and I absolutely loved it! Yes it is all what you mentioned but I came away from it enjoying it in ways that I shouldn't, typical Michael Bay, brain off action. It's certainly not his worst work :D

Soldato
Went to the cinema with my 12 year old to watch the dumbledore movie.

It was really boring. Enjoyed the scenes with the New York guy in, everything else was a struggle. I saw the first of these in the cinema, and recall quite liking it, but haven't seen the second one.

Son thought it was great, though.

Soldato
Ambulance (snip)
You mad bro, did you watch it at the cinema? It’s a real popcorn movie and great fun on a big screen. Like the poster above I loved it. Great bank heist and shootout like Heat, great set pieces like the helicopters down the LA river. Actually I remember the performances being quite decent too.

The one big negative I had was that clearly Bay (or his editor) had only just discovered FPV drone cameras, as it was totally overused. Besides that it’s a solid action movie. Can’t go wrong, 7/10.

Soldato
The Batman

6/10

I enjoyed some parts of it, however i feel like they overegged the Emo on Bruce Wayne too much, and it just felt weird. I did however like how the movie was quite dark.

Caporegime
Venom: Let There Be Carnage - not all bad but far from the MCU standard, just didn't grab me much at all, some fun to be had with the dialogue between Eddie and Venom. 3/5

It's awful, but not really an MCU movie.

Sony movie and thanks to Spider-Man: No Way Home we know it's (thankfully) set in a different universe.

I watched Uncharted, expecting a 2/5 type of movie and it was more of a 3/5. Licks along at a good pace and Tom Holland has decent charisma. Mark Walberg was miscast though and it ends sort of abruptly.

Back
Top Bottom