What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Everything Everywhere All At One
8/10

Absolutely nuts. Loved it.
Amazing that 5 VFX designers, with no qualifications, did the work. By watching YouTube tutorials!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Chaos Walking - 3/10

I hadn't seen this film.

Now I have.

In all seriousness - a nigh-criminal waste of some decent actors and Tom Holland, though at least Nick Jonas turned in a Nick Jonas performance. Daisy Ridley playing a character written no worse than her SW one. Not much better, I'll grant you. But certainly no worse. Some lovely scenery shots (funny how nearly all planets look like bits of the US and Canada ain't it? ;)).

And it wasn't as bad as The Great Wall.

***edit***

In the name of the father, good watch, about 4 people wrongly accused of the guildford pub bombings, 8/10

Superb film, with stunning performances all around the shop.

Sully: Miracle on the Hudson. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3263904/

Even though I'm a big Hanks fan and Eastwood has directed some very good movies,
it's still has taken me a while to get around to viewing this. I wasn't disappointed either.
Very good and unsurprisingly, it's also quite emotional.
Oh it's such a great film! I loved it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Associate
Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022) - 7/10

A “something different” film with its plot, premise and style which manages to be very funny, silly and emotionally heart wrenching, but always entertaining.

The CGI was spectacular and full on, a real showcase of visual effects full of vibrant colours and perfect timing.

The plot, acting and fight scenes were good, but there weren’t that many fights and the film was too long with drawn out plot explanation sections.

The music and fashion was weird, but suited the presentation and meant you never knew what you were going to see next.

Don
I still haven't gotten around to watching this. Is it really as good as everyone keeps telling me? For some reason it just doesn't appeal to me.
It's quite averagely rated on IMDB, but I love it, as LizardKing mentions, the music and cinematography are cracking. The end also hit me in the feels which makes me rate it highly. Only negative I have with it is the day-dream sequences earlier on in the film, though this does shoe horn in the Walter Mitty aspect of it.

Soldato
The French Dispatch

Big fan of Wes Anderson, and delivered his usual style in spades. Phenomenal cast....the format of three separate short stories works well.

Man of Honour
Eternals (2021)

Total tosh for the most part. In fact the best bit was the use of Pink Floyd's track, Time, from Dark Side of the Moon during the opening credits.

Two and a half hours of my life I'm never getting back.

1/10

Associate
But wasn't Commissioner Gordon with him? He'd likely protect him.
I think the Chief was controlling the situation during the explosion as you see the barrel of the weapon being pointed at Batman just before he blacks out. Which would suggest to me that Batman could be a suspect in the Chief eyes which could lead to etc... Anyway i find that particular cut scene pretty convoluted as wouldn't it make sense to take him straight to A&E rather than the police station? Did the Joker blew all of them up?

Back
Top Bottom