What film did you watch last night?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's basically my childhood with all those shows :D Throw in there Cow & Chicken and a few others and you have my typical Saturday morning nailed :cool:

Soldato
That's basically my childhood with all those shows :D Throw in there Cow & Chicken and a few others and you have my typical Saturday morning nailed :cool:
Pork butts and taters! I feel sorry for my daughter - no-one will be aligned with her :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ed, Edd and Eddy was excellent too. And Dexters Lab. Need to get myself on Sonarr :cry:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don't forget Powerpuff Girls, Rugrats!

It is a must for all kids to grow up watching these shows. Otherwise they grow up as total fartknockers who moan on social media about every little thing :D

Last edited:
Soldato
The only time my 'estranged' brother ever did a family thing with me - took me to watch Rugrats the Movie at Odeon. Epic. Powerpuff girls also great. That coupled with my uncle being a stay at home uncle was why women not having rights took me by surprise :cry:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Above all else, it is amazing to see something brought back from the 90s and not been ruined in any way, in fact it's even better than the movies/show reboot that happened years ago.

Associate
Doctor Strange in the...
Typical glossy Marvel pap. I didn't recognise Bruce Campbell until he appeared again at the end. Blimey, he's aged. I didn't spot Ted Raimi either, perhaps he didn't make a cameo?

Soldato
Re watched 3 films all with a similar theme over the past few days.

The Martian
Interstellar
Gravity

As you can guess they are all set in "space or on another planet"

Have to say even after 7-8 years The Martian and Interstellar are still 2 of the my favourite films with both still able to shed a tear or two. My only wish is there were more like them, specially The Martian, I hope to god that there is eventually an Interstellar 2. I also look forward to seeing what Tom Cruise can muster up with the NASA/SpaceX job.

Soldato
Elvis - 7/10

Enjoyable biopic told from the point of view between Colonel Parker the agent (played by Tom Hanks) and EP.

It was a bit sugar coated and liberal with artistic licence but it was well done overall and at 2hr 40m it felt long but didn't drag.

Soldato
Dr Strange and multiverse shenanigans - first marvel movie i've really enjoyed since Endgame - I like Raimi's style and enjoyed that it hit the ground running.

I very much like Olsen as the Scarlett Witch too - where's the heart eyes smiley :D

Associate
Spiderhead 4/10

There is a good idea somewhere under the layers of stupidity, but mostly it is a poorly written mess. Chris Hemsworth shows his lack of versatility as an actor; some actors should stick to playing versions of themselves and Chris is one of those.

Caporegime
What is a woman?

Documentary by Matt Walsh, very intresting and though provoking. Obviously edited at points to make things seem worse than they are, but it's hilarious at times due to it.

Fairly obvious what it's about, and why it's important.

8/10

Back
Top Bottom