What film did you watch last night?

Associate
First film was pretty good but suffers from something I hate in horror...

It becomes apparent early one there will be no escape, once this happens it's hard to stay invested and have any investment in the characters, it's essentially just waiting for them to all be killed off. Horror for me always needs an element of hope, regardless how hopeless a situation may seem, Grave Encounters removes this too early.

Such a fun action packed movie - really liked this.
You find out in the second film that Lance Preston survives and has been living in the hospital for ten years. Worth the watch if you haven't seen it already.

Soldato
Crossroads (1986)

Young blues guitarist Ralph Macchio seeks out an old former blues legend who sold his soul for talent and fame at the crossroad and they end up on a hobo road trip to Mississippi, meeting Jamie Gertz on the way.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Top marks to all involved.

Soldato
Crossroads (1986)

Young blues guitarist Ralph Macchio seeks out an old former blues legend who sold his soul for talent and fame at the crossroad and they end up on a hobo road trip to Mississippi, meeting Jamie Gertz on the way.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Top marks to all involved.
Absolutely love this film. Steve Vai's guitar work in the final duel is breathtaking.

Soldato
High Life - 4/10

Good performances but I wish I'd watched something more enjoyable whilst my girlfriend was out and I had free choice! I think this was a run-of-the-mill 'stuck-in-space' story with fancy artistic icing (long cuts, music) on the cake.

1 of those points were for Juliette Binoche enjoying herself greatly in one scene :o

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Where Eagles Dare.

I have not seen this film in years, 2 and a half hours just flew by, great story, action and acting. 9/10.

Kelly's Heroes.

Same again the time just past so quickly, somehow manages to blend a heist film with a war movie perfectly. great characters with some good set pieces. 9/10.

Soldato
Jerry & Marge Go Large - probably one more for the mrs but i quite enjoyed this, its light and fun, worth the time investment for sure.
Also watched Star Wars Ep1, i've probably not seen this since release, yeah sure it will never meet the fan expectations of the sequels (ep4+) but what will?!, ignoring the hardcore fandom it stands the test of time and pretty good overall, jar jar binks is still annoying though....

Back
Top Bottom