What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Black Phone - 3/5 - Not as bad as I thought it was going to be!

Then

The contractor - 3/5 - Wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be!

Then

Beavis & Butthead Do The Universe - 5/5. Loved it. I was crying with laughter in places.

Associate
Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) - 4/10

An underwhelming film which should have been awesome, especially with the soundtrack during the iconic battle scenes, but it all felt a bit flat.

The special effects were colorful but blurry, the humour rarely landed, the silly moments were too silly, the battle scenes too dark and the emotionally moving and horror moments didn’t fit with the light hearted bumbling superhero vibe.

The plot was good with a well-rounded villain and the acting performances were good, but overall, it was nothing special and I was bored by the third act.

Uncharted.

Ok Wahlberg cannot act. Seriously how does he keep getting jobs.

This film was terrible. Everything felt forced and the plot was garbage. Did I mention Wahlberg cannot act?

Edit: it’s finished now. It just kept getting worse. Utter garbage.

Last edited:
Associate
The Innocents Somewhat disturbing film by all accounts, casting of kids in R-rated movie perhaps is the norm for Norwegian film???...that said amazing performance by the two young sisters particularly Ana the severely autistic girl. The High Rise Housing Estate set a good back drop to it all. Did enjoy it & agree with 7/10 score.

Associate
I've not had any issues recently in cinema. Tend to use Vie now with their big comfy leather recliners. Mostly go early in the day so irs quiet too.
Update went today to watch Maverick had the entire cinema screen to myself which was kind of fun as I could check out all the other seats only to determine that the one I had chosen was in fact the best seat :) (imo).
1657557715505.jpg

Been a long long time (20+ years) since going to cinema would say took my eyes 20mins to adjust to screen size. Maverick much enjoyed it would give an easy 8/10. I will also take a look at Maverick again when its available blue ray.

Associate

Very funny, I never watched it at the time. Well worth a watch if you like a dumb action movie. The music is great as well!

Soldato
Update went today to watch Maverick had the entire cinema screen to myself which was kind of fun as I could check out all the other seats only to determine that the one I had chosen was in fact the best seat :) (imo).

Been a long long time (20+ years) since going to cinema would say took my eyes 20mins to adjust to screen size. Maverick much enjoyed it would give an easy 8/10. I will also take a look at Maverick again when its available blue ray.
Glad you had an enjoyable cinema experience.

Caporegime
Chaos Walking 6/10 Quite liked the concept and thought that Holland and Ridley were both good but the plot wasn't adventurous enough.
Till Death 8/10 This was surprisingly good actually. A few moments where characters did dumb things/stretched belief to keep things tense but other than that it was a pretty good thriller

Caporegime
American Made. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3532216/

Tempted to watch this again as I usually enjoy a Tom Cruise movie,
and the true story adds to the experience.

If you like movies such as Blow then I'm sure you'll also enjoy this, too.

I didn't quite realise that it was such a recent film.
And make-up aside, Tom Cruise sure does age well.

Back
Top Bottom