What football manager game to get ?

Soldato
I haven't played one of these for over 10 years. The last one I had was the EA premier manager one. However since then I see there are lots of titles to choose from. I quite like these for casual play especially while away on business.

Which ones do you guys play and would you recommend any specific game ?

I was thinking about getting football manager 2011 on steam but I have never played a title from their range before so unsure what it would be like.

Permabanned
97/98 and 01/02 are the best versions ever made.

01/02 probably the most epic and I never stopped playing that until FM06 iirc because all other efforts were pap until then

Soldato
Championship manager 01/02 is now free to download and there are fansites that have full up to date rosters you can download,

Give it a go if you're new to football management, FM2011 can be rather confusing if you just jump in without any prior knowledge

Associate
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know when the FM 'demo' version comes out, Strawberry i think they've called it in the past (maybe different names, dunno)?

The FM11 demo version should still be available surely? maybe even through steam. That'd be perfect for seeing whether its your sort of game, isnt it pretty much the full game but limited till Jan 1st?

Man of Honour
Football Manager 2012 should be your best bet, as you haven't played for 10 years you may not be aware that the dev team behind Championship Manager now make the Football Manager series so that is the one to go for.

That said I have struggled to get into the modern games, I think FM2005 was the last one I played for more than a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom