What games are you playing over Xmas?

Soldato
I’d have a look on the official thread as it had a ton of mods. The HD mod springs to mind though as the main essential one. Believe there was one for enemies too.

M.

Soldato
I am seeing family Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, then back to work on Boxing Day, so won't have loads of gaming time over the holiday.

I expect that I will get some Destiny 2, Warframe and Euro Truck Simulator in. Want to try out GTFO with mates as well.

Hit me up on discord for GTFO have the same name and would like to get a team together

Soldato
Planning on dusting off my hotas and going back to ED and maybe my wheel for ETS2.

Also have Witcher 2 and rebel galaxy outlaw on the go and just picked up lone echo

Soldato
Just bought Dishonoured 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein 2 and Stardew Valley. So i'll probably play the look through my list of games game, as usual.

Associate
i started playing the metro series for the first time this past couple of weeks played them all back to back, started with the first 2 redux versions and just finished exodus yesterday evening, Quite possibly the best game i have ever played, a real master piece. never felt so gutted to finish a game in my life i want more! Any recommendations for similar games?

Soldato
Just finished my first session with Fallout 4. I don't know why but it seems that my dislike of single player games has passed, and all I really did was explore, find bobby pins and backtrack to the safes I'd found.

Soldato
I actually got quite bored and currently have some Steam credit burning a hole with nothing really worth getting.

Finished up an exploration run in Elite Dangerous on Xmas Day so thought I would revisit Deus Ex HR. Sadly repeating the same missions has lost its lustre and while the graphics look good on a 4K monitor, like many games from 5 or 6 years ago it is not optimised for UHD resolution, with on screen text and fonts being unscaleable tiny. So next I tried going back to Fallout 4. That actually runs worse at 4K resolution with a GTX 1050 than it did at 1980 on a GTX 950 card. And again, it's all been done before.

Ended up back in ETS2 and bought the Black Sea add-on, the downside to that being losing the current ProMods map extensions until they can rejig it.

Time was at Christmas there was a pile of new games on the desktop waiting to be installed and played - military flight sims, puzzle games, FPS/RPG etc. etc. but now it is just so...bland. And not to mention 2 hours trying to set up a boot disc or configuration to actually get a game to run, all part of the fun! I even thought about buying an Amiga Emulator so I could play Lemmings 2 again!!

Back
Top Bottom