What gear do you wear?

Associate
Aight guys just wondering what you wear when out and about? I wear full textiles but in heat im wondering what should I do even with lining removed its red hot in the stuff I use.

Tempted to get some sort of armor and go with a hoodie along with some hood jeans or something like that has anyone done anything similar here?

Im only on a 125 but gear is essential hot or not!

Man of Honour
Not enough, textile jacket with amour, Kevlar jeans and steel toe capped work boots.
I really need to get some proper motorbike boots, that's what I feel I'm missing the protection on.
Should also get some more protective trousers, however Kevlar jeans are great if you are going down the pub/cinema or similar.

Soldato
I was about to start a thread myself. I'm embarking on my 125cc career soon, and feel full leathers will both look daft on a scooter and be hugely sweaty in the summer (if it happens this year :D). I'll be using the bike to commute so was wondering if it's worth getting textiles that would go over work clothes or tighter fitting textiles and changing there

Associate
If im going out for a proper ride ill wear my 1 piece race suit.
However for a 125cc i think thats a bit overkill, your best with motorcycle boots, good gloves kevlar jeans with Armour in them and a decent textile jacket.

Associate
It is good that you are thinking about what gear should be worn, most n00bs ;) dgaf.

Remember that hitting the deck on a 125 @ 30mph is the same as hitting the deck @ 30mph on a 600, it's gonna bloody hurt.

If i am going out for dinner, to the cinema etc then i will wear normal jeans, bike boots and bike jacket (textile).
Otherwise its full gear the rest of the time.

Soldato
For my 4 mile commute to work I wear Draggin jeans, leather jacket, Hein Gericke boots and my Weiss leather gloves. It's all proper gear and comfy stuff but on the lower scale of protection but my max speed is 30mph on a good day.

For winter commuting I have a set of Rev It textiles and some mega thick gloves but I feel like the Michelin man wearing that lot.

Just bought a set of 2 piece leathers for summer riding but haven't had a chance to try them out yet but I'm probably going to use them more when I go out for a proper ride (ie where speeds may be in excess of my usual commuting speeds)

Associate
Motorbike Boots.
Leather Trousers.
Textile Jacket.
Decent Gloves (Winter or Summer depending on the weather)

I have gone down the road at 50mph in that gear.
My leather trousers were all good and the textile jacket was wrecked, but it did protect me that once, kind of like a helmet, they are good for one crash!

Soldato
1 Piece White RST Tractek leathers (really rather flamboyant :D)
RST Tractek racing gloves (fullsize, also white, just to be a power ranger)
Sidi Vertigo boots(Black)
HJC RPHA-10 White helmet (bloody expensive thing, not bad though)

I do have some textiles but rarely wear them, not flamboyant enough ;) but I also can't ride this bike slowly, it's balls out or nothing so don't fancy coming off with a jacket that doesn't attach to bottoms

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Back protector
13 year old Belstaff leather jacket with knoxx armour inserts
Leather jeans with knoxx armour inserts
Sidi touring boots
Alpinestar Kangaroo leather gloves
Arai lid

Soldato
I don't think it's over the top to get decent gear when riding a 125. As already said, if you hit the deck (or a car, curb, lamp post etc) at 30, 40 or 50Mph on a 125cc, 600cc or even a 1000cc it's still going to have the same effect, just without the weight of the bike involved.

Associate
On my 125, I ride with textile jacket, proper boots, gloves etc. I don't see why you wouldn't.

I do see a lot of people though ride their scooters with no proper gear. Just in their normal jacket and jeans or some times even a suit!

Associate
One piece Berik leathers (impractical but comfy - and they saved me bouncing down a dual carriageway at70 mph)
Arlen Ness boots (same as above)
Back protector (brand unknown but probably the reason I can walk!)
RST gloves
Arai Astro R lid

I see more and more people riding high pwered sports bikes with shorts and t-shirts. Rather them than me.

Caporegime
I've been on a 125 (Scooter) for three years now in London. If it was down to me I'd be wearing no protection at all, but my friend who's a bike instructor educated me from the off. So far I guess I've been lucky in that I've not had anything happen to me, possibly due to years of cycling, being very weary of the tools down here and taking things easy in general, but I know it's just a matter of time...

I've got a couple of Weise textile jackets, one that's better for the cold and the other that's got a load of vents on it, both with removable quilted layers and armour in the shoulders, elbows and back. The rest I'm never without are my waterproof Oxford boots, Weise pants with knee armour, short armoured gloves and a full face lid, as I don't want my chin removed at any time. It's all cheap gear to be honest but it'll be way better than a lot of the scooter riders attire I see around. On a day like today I'll get warm in the leg and back but it won't be uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Ish

Ish

Associate
Summer Commuting - Weise Air Spin jacket and Weise trousers - Short motorcycle boots & summer armoured gloves

Winter Commuting - Weise Winter jacket/Trousers & Richa winter gloves

Going for a blast! - Dainese 2pc leathers with TCX boots & armoured gloves

Caporegime
armored waterproof textile jacket an pants that zip together and toe capped work boots for commute

Kevlar cargo pants and a leather jacket with work boots for other times

Soldato
AGV Stealth lid:-

stealth1.jpg

Dainese K one piece. Comfortable on the bike but a bit of a nightmare wandering around when you have stopped on a run. Sadly it was a bit tight on me, not overly so, a couple of years ago when I bought it. Now though, I'm struggling to zip the bloody thing up so it looks like either new leathers or a crash diet is required. :)

XUFmKgP.jpg
suitback8hi.jpg

Alpinestars Supertech boots. Comfiest boots I've worn and feel like they could cope with a Challenger tank being dropped on them easily.
Alpinestars GP Tech gloves for warm days and Alpinestars Goretex jobbies for commuting.

Commuting kit comprises of Shoei Sympatex jacket and armoured trousers:-

eChUo7k.jpg

Underneath both my 1 piece and my textile kit I wear a Dainese back protector (old pic - don't have the OGK FF3 lid anymore):-

nBnS6Rf.jpg

Don
I've got a real mix of old and new gear.

Dainese 2-piece - 10 years old. Crashed in twice and still good.
Sidi Vertebra boots - 15 years old now. Also crashed in twice.
Triumph summer gloves
Nolan N103 flip lid

Back
Top Bottom