What happened to 75hz?

Associate
That was only useful with CRTs where'd you get a massive headache from 60Hz, TFT's happened.. they don't give you a massive headache at 60Hz as you don't perceive it as a flickering (not even when it's in the corner of your eyes).

Associate
my viewsonic vx922 was a 75hz monitor and it ran at that no hassle with vsync on aswell, once touted at the fastest monitor in the world. The best monitor Ive had was and still is the dgm 24 pva and if that dies I will have to use the horrid lg 3d 120hz monitor thats in the loft or buy an ilyama va 24.

Soldato
The logical answer is 120hz killed it really :p

75hz was marginally more appealing than 60hz, 120hz is hugely better for most people from a motion point of view.

Soldato
OP
The reason I ask is I bought a 120hz monitor and took it back for various reasons, whilst I had it I noticed in BC2 that it didnt really go over 90FPS anyway and the average was more like 75, 80FPS

Soldato
The reason I ask is I bought a 120hz monitor and took it back for various reasons, whilst I had it I noticed in BC2 that it didnt really go over 90FPS anyway and the average was more like 75, 80FPS

Your GPU wasn't powerful enough?

A 120Hz would still appear more fluid since the fps would be going higher than 75Hz at times. Tearing should also be less noticeable.

Soldato
OP
I think an average of 80FPS in BC2 with 4xAA, 16xAF and everything maxed at 1080 is pretty damn good seeing as though I built this system on a very tight budget if that means I have smaller epeen than you than a smaller epeen it is, it means I can skip a 120HZ monitor stick with my old Samsung which even though its three years old has better picture quality and buy other things

Soldato
I think an average of 80FPS in BC2 with 4xAA, 16xAF and everything maxed at 1080 is pretty damn good seeing as though I built this system on a very tight budget if that means I have smaller epeen than you than a smaller epeen it is, it means I can skip a 120HZ monitor stick with my old Samsung which even though its three years old has better picture quality and buy other things

But why are you mad? :eek:

I wasn't comparing anything, just saying that in that case scenario you would still benefit from a 120 Hz monitor even though your GPU wasn't able to keep up with the consistent framerate.

Where did you get the idea I was judging you or something? :confused:

Soldato
OP
It was more in reponse to Fernick as well as you, and I'm always mad but why do you think I sound mad, because I mentioned epeen?

Just thinking about Fernicks comment it would be nice if he elaborated, if he runs everything at 120hz, what actually is everything? and how is it possible to run everything at a constant 120hz? Quad SLI 580 GTX maybe!?

Back
Top Bottom