What happened to Amazon Login?

Associate
I created an account by logging in with Amazon, I made an order and now I cannot find the option to login with this method anymore. I placed an order a week ago and have had no updates since.
Does anyone know why this login option isnt available anymore - OCUK seems super busy as its taking days to get replys from emails so hoping to get some info here.

I also cannot see the option to merge accounts, otherwise I would just merge both my accounts and problem would be solved.

Capodecina
Soldato
So far as I can see, the Amazon Login is still there, up at the top on the right, to the right of the "Union Flag".

Amazon will confirm the order to your given email address and advise you (again to your given email address) when the good(s) have shipped and the order can no longer be amended or cancelled; that email includes a (very basic) tracking link.

They will also surreptitiously / sneakily sign you up to bloody Amazon Prime :mad:

Associate
OP
I am already a member of Amazon Prime so thats ok, bit crappy of them to sign up non members though :O
Maybe I am blind - But I dont see the Amazon Login or the Union Jack you speak of lol
Unless you have confused what I meant? I didnt mean I cant login to Amazon, I mean I cannot login to OCUK using Amazon any more.

Associate
i have this same problem, except worse, i reset my password so i could log in, but upon checking my orders, everything is gone, my previous orders with there invoice. and even worse, my 3080 pre-order. im so upset right now. i paid £700 back in September the 18th. today after recieving the position update, i tried to login by resetting my password. to find i dont even have the order in my history , and i dont have the 3080 either i feel completely ripped off right now.

Associate
OP
Overclockers messaged me today to say the Amazon Login was disabled due to the recent issues amazon have had - but the login has been missing for me for a week now.

The order I was trying to see has been sent though, I got a DPD update yesterday.

Associate
Kind of good news, but not so good news that the order history page is empty though.. i reset my password and was able to get in, but it was all empty in there, and my addresses where incorrect.
i cant beleive they just removed it like that without offering us to transfer our accounts....
im in position 321 for my card, but im worried that something might mess up now since they pretty much removed my account access.
What exactly did the email say about why they removed amazon, i actually work for Amazon so it doesn't make any sense.

Associate
I think we definetely need an oficial word on this, having not visibility of your orders is simply not nice, the way the orders dissapeared is simply worng. can it be related with Brexit?

Associate
Has it happened to you too?
How many people has it happened too?

so i had already registered with the email address that's the same as the one i registered with "amazon login"
i preferred but now regret to purchase a pre-order 3080 and some cable mods with the Amazon login Because i was less likely to forget it.
then when amazon login disappeared, i had to reset my password for the old email address that was registered, now it says i have never ordered anything in Overclockers UK order history. this hurts my brain.

Associate
Has it happened to you too?
How many people has it happened too?

so i had already registered with the email address that's the same as the one i registered with "amazon login"
i preferred but now regret to purchase a pre-order 3080 and some cable mods with the Amazon login Because i was less likely to forget it.
then when amazon login disappeared, i had to reset my password for the old email address that was registered, now it says i have never ordered anything in Overclockers UK order history. this hurts my brain.

yeah that happend to me exactly as you narrated it. exacly the same case , the only difference is that my 3080 is already here since december, an I can tell you is worth the wait. also a little update , looks like amazon log -in is back and now I have 2 accounts and the new one with an order that I don't want it to be there. ! what a mess.

Back
Top Bottom