what happens if...

olv

olv

Soldato
If you are accompanied by a driver who is over 21 and been driving for more than 2 years then nothing.

If you were on your own then you will be charged for driving without a licence.

Associate
yep, if you're in a car on your own or with someone who isnt old enoug/experienced enough to supervise you expect a fine and 6 points before you even get your proper license, happened to a friend of mine.

Associate
You will only be coverd if someone who is 21+ is sitting next to you with a full license (as stated above)

If it was just you in a car, then prepare to be bent over backwords and spanked hard... very hard.

Permabanned
yep, if you're in a car on your own or with someone who isnt old enoug/experienced enough to supervise you expect a fine and 6 points before you even get your proper license, happened to a friend of mine.

You mean banned? As you only get 6 points when you first pass.

Associate
Put BBC1/2/ITV/etc on when there's a traffic cops thing on, and you'll see the idiots getting caught for this. I say idiots, because generally they are idiots.

Soldato
Yea as said its equivilent to driving without a licence so regardless of whether the car is insured etc probably 6 points meaning a ban because your in your first two years/not even passed

Associate
Driving with a provisional licence and no full licence holder as passenger is 'Driving not in accordance with a licence' LC20 and can be dealt with by endorsable fixed penalty notice (3 points and £60 fine). This is an offence under which operation reclaim applies and the car would be seized.

Last edited:
Associate
Yea but in the first two years you can only have 6 points before a ban??

i just texted her to confirm, it was 6 points and she said "they cant ban you if you dont have a license!"

Which i guess isnt correct as i know a boy who stole a car whilst drunk, crashed it into someones house and got banned for a couple of years before he even had a provisional.

However, it stands that she has 6 points and was not banned :)

Soldato
The 6 points thing is because, iirc, you didn't get them within the first two years of passing your test, you got them before hand. Normal bans given before you pass start from the moment you pass your test.

Caporegime
The 6 points thing is because, iirc, you didn't get them within the first two years of passing your test, you got them before hand. Normal bans given before you pass start from the moment you pass your test.

So the ban happens when you pass your test?

Does that mean your allowed to drive before hand?

Soldato
I think so, you can learn to drive and your pass the test, but as soon as you get a licence your banned.

Not sure though, I just remember being told that by a driving instructor.

Back
Top Bottom