What have you done to your car today?

Soldato

Ahh, I did had the impression you had previously recommended/visited them before :)

Picked it up today and it's looking awesome, has really brought out the shine in the red.. Although now its properly cleaned I can see a stonechip on the bonnet and window.. 680 miles in :p

Will have to go back and take the Polo.

Man of Honour
Ahh, I did had the impression you had previously recommended/visited them before :)

Picked it up today and it's looking awesome, has really brought out the shine in the red.. Although now its properly cleaned I can see a stonechip on the bonnet and window.. 680 miles in :p

Will have to go back and take the Polo.

No chance, Polo is a lease, that can be Polished ;)

I found a stone chip on the bonnet of mine today that would make baby hayzuss cry :(

Associate
I feel I may have finally traced my rattle today, it sounds like something is loose where the Bluetooth module sits on the back wall of the boot, and seeing as it’s randomly stopped working I figure it may well be a loose wire bouncing around or something? Hopefully anyway! It’s driving me mad now :mad:

Soldato
Installed a ebay special short shift kit. Basically a clone of the forge one. Gear throw is 40% shorter and it has a more mechanical feel to it. Good cheap mod tbh.

Soldato
Picked it up from the garage. Engine oil change, brake fluid, undersealed, MOT (no advisories) and a broken ABS sensor replaced. Glad to be back in the car after a week pootling around in a slightly tired and slow Golf, it has reminded me what a great little car it is.

Soldato
Still chasing a knock...
Ordered a new set of discs and a caliper.
Also a new tie rod end.

Everything else on that side suspension wise is pretty new so can only be brakes or a ball joint

Soldato
Picked it up from the garage. Engine oil change, brake fluid, undersealed, MOT (no advisories) and a broken ABS sensor replaced. Glad to be back in the car after a week pootling around in a slightly tired and slow Golf, it has reminded me what a great little car it is.

Where did you get it undersealed? I'm thinking of getting all the undertrays removed and a full coating of Dinitrol to preserve the condition for another few years, before winter hits. Just I don't know who's good round here (or anywhere come to that).

tnx

tnx

Associate
I just washed my new Insignia... It's going on a trip to see my old mate down in Stone.

been looking at the Insignia GSI. Reminds me of my old Carlton GSI's I had. Yes one will be mine.

Then Sunday i will wash it again, after it comes home.

Associate
picked up my new to me alloy wheels from the machine shop this afternoon, had to have the center bores machined to the correct size, car is off to the garage tomorrow for an engine swap after collecting all the bits over the last few months. looking forward to when its all finished!

Caporegime
Where did you get it undersealed? I'm thinking of getting all the undertrays removed and a full coating of Dinitrol to preserve the condition for another few years, before winter hits. Just I don't know who's good round here (or anywhere come to that).

IIRC he took it to TheMX5Restorer. They do a stunning job of rust removal and treatment. I'm probably going to ask then to do the E30's underseal etc once it's devoid of rot.

Soldato
IIRC he took it to TheMX5Restorer. They do a stunning job of rust removal and treatment. I'm probably going to ask then to do the E30's underseal etc once it's devoid of rot.
Thanks, they look good. Unsure whether they'd be that interested in doing an unfamiliar car, but worth a shot. Pevensey is a bit of a pain to get back from though.
Yeah I'm not sure either but I'm going to ask when the time comes... Worst they can say is no after all. :)
Correct :) I've seen them working on other cars, fiat 500's for example, and they do make a point that it isn't just MX5s that they can work on. It's definitely work a shot. For a car such as yours though you're probably going to be looking at £500 at least.

Associate
Diff fluid and cleaned up the rear brake lines plus a couple of other small patches under the car, probably wouldn't even need to consider doing anything at all with the patches for a few years but it was a case of "Might as well as I'm under here already...". Gave said brake lines and patches a coating of Dynax anti-corrosion wax, that'll do for this year. Shame about the front wings that I still haven't got around to replacing. E46 (rusty) life, y0.

Soldato
M54’s do drink oil. There is a mod you can do which I can’t remember what it’s called. If you YouTube fiftyskid he explains it and a lot of owners have said oil consumption is fixed by doing it. Some say it doesn’t even use oil.

Back
Top Bottom