1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Howard

Capodecina

I'd take that up with the previous owner if I were you :eek: ;)

2. Diagro

Sgarrista

He said what the point was.

3. WoodyUK

Soldato

Went sideways down Craners at Donington..

Driver error, as they usually are with these things! ;)

Trying to fix it all just sort of came naturally so I'm glad I didn't have to think about that, been just over a year since I actually did any proper track time. The only thought I remember is "if this digs it, I'm gonna roll" as I saw grass flying over the windscreen

Bit of work to be done before I take it on track again, was playing it very cautiously and didn't bother doing a full lap at max pace, just slowing down for half a lap then getting back on it. Needs an oil cooler and a set of gauges before I can properly trust it.

Donington seemed.. lax.. on their noise limits today, presumably because it were a public day (Japfest), so I took the opportunity to flat foot shift it in every gear which resulted in this..

[​IMG]

In hindsight... Yeah I'd have still done it anyway :D:D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  4. Acme

Caporegime

Well at least it didn't go full turbotoaster!

New bumper time, Mugen one won't be cheap

5. WoodyUK

Soldato

You say that..

I pulled back into pit lane after lap 1 cause smoke starting coming in cabin.. Then remembered I'd spilled a drop of oil when topping it up :D

The rear bumper is a replica fortunately, not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet tbh! Get dremel out and see how creative I can get :D

6. Diagro

Sgarrista

Saw that, was ace

7. Acme

Caporegime

Very fortunate save that, with a healthy dose of skill as well I have no doubt. Takes balls to continue after that like nothing happened :D

8. adam cool dude

Soldato

I span in exactly the same spot in the wet driving an MX5 but i went in the gravel. FWD saved him there!

9. Axeboy

Mobster

Had an oil leak in the beetle since getting it.

Coming from the sump plate but also other places, quite odd, but assmed the gasket needed done and maybe a leak on the gearbox. Ordered the two gaskets and change them. Turned out that only 3 of the 6 copper washers were on the plate but also someone had put both gaskets together then the strainer and plate together, madness. So changed out to gasket, strainer, gasket, plate and seems to have solved the leak. Also added the copper washers.

Also found that there was too much oil in it, seems to be over 3l there when it needs 2.5l. I think it was probably over spilling elsewhere causing the "other" leaks.

10. Doohickey

Sgarrista

Aside from wind noise, on some cars the wind buffeting effect with the windows down can be particularly eardrum shattering and brain imploding at higher speeds :D I've never had wind deflectors, but apparently they seem to solve this problem.

11. WoodyUK

Soldato

Did indeed, I've seen some scary RWD slides there with less fortunate endings, I'll stick to my more predictable and correctable FWD for track work :p

12. ChrisD.

Capodecina

I dropped the Civic FD2 off at TGM for suspension, brakes and some other bits so I decided to put the Focus in its place in the garage. I was expecting it to be too wide and having to bring the mirrors in but it's gone in without any problems.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. shauncr91

Capodecina

Had the aircon regassed on the Clio, lovely and cold again now.

14. Rilot

Don

Today I did a deep clean on all the leather of the 650i. I used clothes detergent in a bucket of water and went at it with a soft brush to get all the grime out of the grain. I then conditioned it with Zaino Z10. I bought some colour-matched leather paint and had a go at the worn side bolster. It's not perfect but it's a darn sight better than it was. I need to apply a couple more coats and polish it.
    I then attacked the seatbelts which were soiled pretty badly. Again, clothes detergent in a bucket of warm water. I soaked each belt in that solution for 10 minutes and then went at them with a nail brush. Once clean I let them dry in the sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Ordered some F1s to put on the rear. Didn’t realise the Pirelli’s were the original and down to the wear limit. Decent grip still, aided by the warm roads I guess.

16. Armageus

Don

Took the Focus in for a Service and MOT.

Just had a call to say it's got a broken front spring :(

17. Acme

Caporegime

Always a good excuse for drop springs :p

18. Armageus

Don

Er no :)

19. Zeed

Mobster

hahaha same place as Me in DC2 but Slower :D

20. Zeed

Mobster