1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Sold the CRZ. Sad face.

What’s worse is it’s gonna be still in my home town.

2. weight

Associate

Fitted a new cam chain tensioner and saved £363 not going through Mini.
    First clip is a hot start with faulty tensioner, second clip is cold start with new tensioner.
    Super happy with results.
    https://youtu.be/M-zTaH-LVOA

3. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Mid service oil change on the Evoque yesterday, super easy to do though the orientation and location of the oil filter is a little silly.

4. Lokwyr

Associate

Panda wins again!! Less than 5000 miles, around 60+ to the gallon on a run, £30 road tax and it cost less than a grand :cool:
    Not only that- 'tis as fast as anything else on the road: 70mph :D

5. Simon

Capodecina

How many miles ? They normally get a free one at 10k miles

6. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Only done 2k since picking it up and 5k since last service, however been reading horror stories about the main dealer filling them with non ACEA C1 oil, so for the sake of ~£80 seemed worth it.

7. Simon

Capodecina

It should be the proper Castrol 0W-30 oil which is a C2 oil (ACEA C1 died with the 4.2 V8 and was a Ford hangover)

8. shauncr91

Capodecina

Got more parts to put in the pile of stuff waiting to be done :D
    [​IMG]

9. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

10. Simon

Capodecina

That manual is well old ? STJLR.03.5007 is what JLR developed for the ingenium diesels

11. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Mine is the last year 2.2 9 speed, just need to make sure i don't top up the Discovery with the same oil otherwise i'll be in trouble!!!

12. Phemo

Soldato

I fitted a storage box to the right of the steering wheel, under the headlight controls. Every other car I've ever owned has had a storage box here but for some reason it became an option with my car that the previous owner never specced. This meant my dash was just a blank space here, albeit with the recess where the compartment should be. Seems a bit of a strange thing to retrofit but the arm rest storage compartment isn't very deep on this car and the door storage pockets aren't that big either so any additional compartment is welcomed.

Ordered the part from BMW, the fixing plate and screws then just had to cut out a hole in the dash which was...interesting. I was going to use my dremel but other people said that it starts smoking a lot and can melt the area a bit so I decided to play it safe and go with stanley knife and hacksaw blade :D

[​IMG]

Went in perfectly though, didn't cut too much and doesn't show any cutting/hacking marks anywhere.

[​IMG]

13. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

That turned out a lot better than the first photo suggests.

14. Phemo

Soldato

Yeah if it involved having to actually cut a hole that would be visible there's no way I would have even attempted it :) I'm not good at cutting things in a perfectly straight line, especially not with the tools I have at my disposal.

Luckily in this case the edge of the storage compartment sits over and around the hole to mask the dodgy cuts.

15. azazl187

Wise Guy

I sold my Honda the other day too :(. EP3 Type R that i had put my heart and soul into... thankfully it will be miles away. Im not sure how id feel about it being driven locally....

16. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

I even came clean about the flakey 12v battery so went to ECP to get one this morning just so I know I’d have no come back if it let him down if not driven for a few days or whatever.

Will miss that light weight feel of small car and response of naturally aspirated petrol.

17. -Ad-

Capodecina

/sadface

Surely you need one reliable daily for when the Velar breaks down, har har har......

Or are you still keeping the ultimate hybrid?

18. Vita

Capodecina

Dropped the focus off to the new/old owner because I’m nice like that.

Hopefully collect a e90 lci 335d tomorrow. I’m actually excited for once. Sad, I know.

19. Acme

Caporegime

Damn, jealous!

20. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Transferred insurance and will mot it. Only £20 month and I’ll use occasionally and let dad use it.

Celebrate 10 year anniversary in March!