1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your car today?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Dec 24, 2012.

1. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

To be fair it is quite minimal, so whilst it stings, it's not so bad I guess. I'll have to suck it up!

The centre cap surround has some weathering on the same alloy though which annoyed me before. It's just surface marring, one of the misfits of having diamond cut wheels so maybe in time this will grow and give me an opportunity to just refurb that wheel.

2. Acme

Caporegime

To be honest even though its diamond cut, because it is so minor I'm sure a decent alloy wheel repair person would be able to make it almost invisible with a miniscule skim of wheel filler.

3. ahar

Hitman

What did I do? I picked it up from the dealer!

[​IMG]

Needed 7 seats and a decent tow capacity so landed on the Skoda Kodiaq as it seems to be picking up very good reviews. Got the VRS version as its a bit more powerful and once I've added options to the lower spec ones that are standard on the VRS the cost isn't that different.

4. Vita

Capodecina

Not today but over the last week.

Fixed the exhaust tips rubbing against a bracket on the rear causing a nasty viberation.

Replaced vacuum lines, bar 2 which were ok for the switch over valve and motor mounts.

5. Acme

Caporegime

Did you get a new car after the Focus or is this still the Focus? I forget :p

6. Vita

Capodecina

The focus got sold at the start of this year. Previous owner bought it back off me.

I replaced it with an E90 335d LCI.

7. dale1uk

Wise Guy

Changed a fuse :)

Unfortunately changing a fuse on my R26 Megane requires removing the battery, battery tray, ECU, and other trim :mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At least French electrics are know to hardly ever go wrong meaning you never really need to get in there :o

8. Avalon

Mobster

Fitted this:

[​IMG]

My OT-2 was too large to leave installed 24/7 and while Logworks is great, Innovate changed hands last year and the forums and iOS version of Logworks were pulled, tech supports response? ‘We know nothing about it. Sorry.’ Dash Command was my fallback option, but even they got sold recently. Longer term i’ll probably add an android HU and Torque.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  9. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I’m thinking getting a ODB2 for some curiosity too, which one did you go for? I need one for iOS.

10. Acme

Caporegime

I keep forgetting to service the BMW, its been about 10,000 miles and approaching 2 years. :eek:

Keep forgetting about the basic stuff like that because of everything else thats always going on with it. :p

The oil still looks goldy brown on the stick though! :)

11. Avalon

Mobster

12. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Cheers

13. Outcast

Mobster

I washed & waxed it all up yesterday and took it in for its MOT.

It failed [​IMG]

Front offside strut leaking quite badly and.....

1 advisory.

Unbelievably I picked up a sodding nail in the rear N/S tyre on the way to the MOT station !
    I know I hadn't "missed seeing it" as I had taken the wheels off to wash and wax them !

[​IMG]

Spent yesterday replacing the strut. £67 (from Millfield Autos) but the tyre place was shut so I'll get that sorted tomorrow

14. Acme

Caporegime

Didn't replace the struts in a pair? Shock horror!! :eek:

Typical picking up a nail on the way!

I remember driving one of my cars to its new owner and a rock cracked the windscreen on the way :( :p

15. Avalon

Mobster

Steering rack failure on a test drive, headlight bulb popping as it was being tested, spring snapping as I took it down the ramp to go to the MOT... it happens to us all at some point sadly.

16. skaif

Mobster

Nearly bloody crashed it!

Northbound on the M1 last night and some bumcloth decides they want to undertake and then veer into the fast lane where there really is no gap.

I'm not going to lie, I saw red and blocked them off which meant I was forced onto the little verge in the middle of the motorway.

They conceded back into the middle lane but it really ****** me off. I'm fully aware I should have just left it and backed off, but in the heat of the moment I wasn't having any of it!

17. Acme

Caporegime

Yes definitely best to just leave it in those situations. I tend to put my car first. So I'd rather give the idiot space and not risk damaging it. :p

18. skaif

Mobster

I hear that, looking back at the dashcam footage I know I overreacted :(

Ah well, let morons be morons in the future rather than become one of them I suppose.

19. acemastr

Mobster

Went on a run today, 29mpg (34.8mpg UK) in a 460bhp 5.0 V8 isn't bad!
    [​IMG]

20. Phemo

Soldato

Pretty damn good. Even more so considering I'm driving a 180bhp 420i at the moment and on today's 150 mile motorway run with cruise on for most of it while being sat at 70mph ish I've only averaged 39mpg.