What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Put a dodgy Chinese head unit in it.
Huge improvement tbh, much neater without using my phone for everything and everything works surprisingly well. Very snappy. Going to get Harrys Laptimer going soon for Track days :D.

Any dodgy info for it? I'm currently considering a load of different android based HUs and i'm stuck on pumpkin currently!

Soldato
In the process of fixing a bunch of things on the S4. Treated some rust on the tailgate, gave it a skim and will finish it off later. Also, where my wife, on her first time driving it, reversed pretty hard into a stone wall. This pushed the rear end bodywork in behind the bumper, so knocked that out, skimmed it and now just primed it. Didn't come out badly tbh.

KkSJc7U.jpg

Soldato
Any dodgy info for it? I'm currently considering a load of different android based HUs and i'm stuck on pumpkin currently!

It’s not really dodgy at all. Joying is the brand, they do all sorts of units/screen combos so take your pick. Delivery was about a week from the Germany warehouse, works a treat and the build quality is much better than I expected.

Associate
Actually looked after the Corolla T Sport today before MOT next month.

New handbrake shoes on both sides, the old ones were down to the metal.
mpXwLt7l.jpg

Replaced arch liner (genuine 2nd hand) as the old one got ripped off in the floods a few weeks ago.
Got away with that one, It was one of those 'OH ****' moments half way through when the water started to come over the bonnet lol. Managed to get out by not going flat out for once.
jUmireal.jpg

Amazing the amount of crap that finds it's way into the side skirts.
XjkIVafl.jpg

Also did new oil and filter. Still need to fix an exhaust blow where the midpipe meets the backbox. Thought the stock system may have rotted but it looks to have been replaced at some point.

UK cars honesty look like crap after 10+ years of all round yearly weather. The Corolla is a 2004 car lol go figure.
Been wondering whether to spend some time and get it where it should be as they only seem to be getting rarer. Has 2 paint bubbles appearing on the O/S rear arch and the N/S front wing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hand brake shoes were worn? Do you frequently perform hand brake turns?

Its 16 years old, I guess it depends on what friction material they used.

My BMW at 30 years old and 200,000 miles needed its factory original asbestos handbrake shoes replacing recently because the friction material had seperated from the metal backer, not because the friction material had actually run out. :D

Back
Top Bottom