What have you done to your car today?

Permabanned
I mean.. They have a point. There's a factory-fit ST badge at the bottom of the steering wheel. A badly-fitted one in place of the original 'Ford' badge literally a few inches above it is somewhat redundant, don't you think?

It's either a "Ford" sticker, or the "ST" sticker, either way there is a sticker there. Some Ford owners, not me, don't like the "Ford" badge so they cover it up. The guy with the white ST, on the other page, also hates the ford badge, so it's not like this is a one-off Every single person, from mates, to family, to random strangers, have not once mentioned the steering wheel badge, all of them of complimented the car. But then, none of them are sad tw@ts obsessed with a 1" ST sticker, I mean - it's THE most important thing right now, right ? *****.
What about a bright ******* gold Volvo ? If there was a category 5 storm on it's way and I was thumbing for a lift and that gold skip pulled up to offer me a lift, I would take my chances with the storm. The only 2 good things to come out of Sweden are Abba, and the Woman's Swedish Football Team.

Insult removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
It's either a "Ford" sticker, or the "ST" sticker, either way there is a sticker there. Some Ford owners, not me, don't like the "Ford" badge so they cover it up. The guy with the white ST, on the other page, also hates the ford badge, so it's not like this is a one-off Every single person, from mates, to family, to random strangers, have not once mentioned the steering wheel badge, all of them of complimented the car. But then, none of them are sad tw@ts obsessed with a 1" ST sticker, I mean - it's THE most important thing right now, right ? Tw@ts.
What about a bright ******* gold Volvo ? If there was a category 5 storm on it's way and I was thumbing for a lift and that gold skip pulled up to offer me a lift, I would take my chances with the storm. The only 2 good things to come out of Sweden are Abba, and the Woman's Swedish Football Team.

Alright, keep your hair on. It's a discussion forum. People are allowed their opinions. Bloody hell. :p

Soldato
Well I'm in "lock-down" so the car has not moved for a while so I started it and ran it for 10-15min , Just to get some oil round it. Ran it up and down the drive to let things move a little, handbrake, calipers, etc. That won't be anything like enough to put anything back in the battery so was thinking of investing in a trickle-charger. Any recommendations? CTEK seem to be pretty popular.

Associate
Serious question:

Always get my car washed via mobile valet man. Not washed my car since I was a kid. I want to order the right stuff from Halfords today to wash my own Porsche but dont want to get carried away and buy to many/too expensive things which may only get used once.

Whats the basic essentials I should start with? I have a jet wash, a bucket and a wash mit already.

Meguires vs Auto finesse vs Auto glym. Does it really matter which one I get?!

Soldato
They don't stick ST badges on it though, just some sporty trim and an ST-LINE badge. Not sure why people make a fuss about this to be honest.

Besides it looks a hell of lot better than the standard MK8 trim with all the chrome finish.

It leads some non-petrolheads to think they are getting something they aren't I guess. Like how some people think a BMW "M sport" is the same as a real M.

Soldato
Serious question:

Always get my car washed via mobile valet man. Not washed my car since I was a kid. I want to order the right stuff from Halfords today to wash my own Porsche but dont want to get carried away and buy to many/too expensive things which may only get used once.

Whats the basic essentials I should start with? I have a jet wash, a bucket and a wash mit already.

Meguires vs Auto finesse vs Auto glym. Does it really matter which one I get?!

Have a look on Cleanmycar website, when I give my car a quick wash, I use dodo juice born to be mild shampoo, a microfibre sponge, drying towel and glass cleaner for the windows.
I just use a bucket of warm water instead of jet wash.

The shampoo I mentioned is very good, and last ages depending how often you wash your car.

Soldato
It leads some non-petrolheads to think they are getting something they aren't I guess. Like how some people think a BMW "M sport" is the same as a real M.

I guess, personally don't care what anyone else thinks. I have the ST-line, I just like it for the better looking trim, I'm not keen on chrome on the other models.

Soldato
Wow, just noticed the little ST badges where the horn symbols used to be. I could let the main ST badge slide, that's no biggy, but the horn ones are just tragic. Aaaand on each pedal too, every sodding switch and dial, and the vents. Good grief.

Soldato
Wow, just noticed the little ST badges where the horn symbols used to be. I could let the main ST badge slide, that's no biggy, but the horn ones are just tragic. Aaaand on each pedal too, every sodding switch and dial, and the vents. Good grief.

I like the mode switch where you can chose ST or ST :D

Yes, I was bored.

Permabanned

I guess you've never heard of photoshop ? Christ.

That's brilliant

Yeah, you all got your silly little laughs. Lets all point at the silly man, with his silly Focus, and his silly little badge. Grow the F up.

Soldato
That's brilliant :D

I learned that Paint 3D has a magic wand type tool like photoshop...... New skill acquired today!

Yeah, you all got your silly little laughs. Lets all point at the silly man, with his silly Focus, and his silly little badge. Grow the F up.

It's some light hearted humour in these depressing self isolating times. Lighten up :D

Back
Top Bottom