What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
So this WEEK I have done the following to my Civic:
- Installed a reverse camera
- Got my heated seats functional. I installed a leather interior from a donor last year and it’s annoyed me that the front seat heaters weren’t functional as my car was missing the loom. I finally sourced a donor loom but I had to strip so much other wire to get just the heater loom.
- Treated my plastic trim to make it black again:
537-E5919-B518-4-B77-ADB3-406046-EF0-E50.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I usually replace the cabin filter once to twice a year depending on how grey the white side gets regardless of what service may or may not be due. I recall from the manual the cabin filter should be changed every 15k miles but some cities/seasons see a lot of pollution in the air and under a year's of use highlights the state of the old one!

20200407_132832.jpg

20200407_132851.jpg

The other mad thing is how much these have gone up in price. I used to buy the exact same one for £11 18 months ago, it's the later generation with the additional filtration for fungus/bacteria and stuff yet as of this month even the standard activated carbon one from BMW is ~£60. Thankfully ECP sell them with the usual DFS codes but still ends up a tenner dearer than previous years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Changed a couple of the more dubious looking coolant hoses on the wedge and in the process resolved what I think was an air lock it had had for a little while. Coolant temperature now comes up much quicker and the fan actually engages!

Soldato
I usually replace the cabin filter once to twice a year depending on how grey the white side gets regardless of what service may or may not be due. I recall from the manual the cabin filter should be changed every 15k miles but some cities/seasons see a lot of pollution in the air and under a year's of use highlights the state of the old one!

20200407_132832.jpg

20200407_132851.jpg

The other mad thing is how much these have gone up in price. I used to buy the exact same one for £11 18 months ago, it's the later generation with the additional filtration for fungus/bacteria and stuff yet as of this month even the standard activated carbon one from BMW is ~£60. Thankfully ECP sell them with the usual DFS codes but still ends up a tenner dearer than previous years.

Like you, I tend to change the cabin filter twice a year and I’m awaiting mine from ECP. Like you I also noted the increase in price!

Man of Honour
I wonder what else has doubled/tripled in price in recent times now :p

Coke cans won't hold them in place man :D
ECP seem to have increased their brake fluid prices massively, used to be able to pick up 500ml pagid stuff for under £3. It's nearly a tenner at the minute.

Man of Honour
I always get the Typ200 brake fluid. It's a shade over a tenner (or was) but an entire can gives you enough left over at the end.

Edit*

Just checked and typ200 on ECP is now £25!!!! I still have a full can remaining with the leftovers from previous fluid flushes meaning the extra price has valued itself into a full flush for the 3rd fluid change I guess.

Associate
Used some loctite sealant to try repair my air straightener on the corksport MAF housing..so far it seems promising, gave it a wack and shake test its not falling off so good start.

Associate
20mm spacers on the mx5 today, 40mm per axle - the wheels just flush with the plastic bit of trim now although it will be tucked back in a little after the springs go on as a 30 odd mm lowering should pull them in by 5-10mm.

Back
Top Bottom