What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Bought myself an impact wrench
Will arrive in time tomorrow to fit new front pads and lowering springs.

here's hoping for good weather between 5pm and 9pm tomorrow.

Soldato
A quick oil and filter change ended up with breaking out the 3" hole saw and getting creative to fit some intercooler pipework on the hot side. Cold side was a shed load easier

9V0LUpd.jpg
PVEd6KY.jpg

Not seen people doing that before for the routing, no option to 'clock' the turbo so the compressor housing pipe faces a different way (usually pointing down)? :)

Man of Honour
Not seen people doing that before for the routing, no option to 'clock' the turbo so the compressor housing pipe faces a different way (usually pointing down)? :)

Not sure if it's the manifold I went for for but clocked at the usual 7 o'clock position the compressor outlet fouls on the powersteering pipework. So it was either change all the PS pipework or this way.

Had a couple of nightmare days with it but all the issues seems to have been ironed out now.

Associate
Found a breather pipe with a broken connector, no doubt due to some heavy handed oaf removing and reattaching it when it was in for a new chain tensioner a month ago. Seems it finally gave in and popped off, triggering my dash to light up like a Christmas tree and the engine fan to run on full blast continuously

Soldato
149w6u0.jpg

Soldato
Finally got around to fitting a power filter in my E46 to clean the power going into the Raspberry Pi that runs my audio/videos. I was getting horrible alternator noise through the audio system in the car for months but now it's crystal clear (running a Wolfson DAC). Absolute bliss not having that annoying whine in the car :p

Soldato
I broke it...

Changing the springs, was going well.

Went to remove strut bearing on drivers side and it exploded.... Balls everywhere!

so stripped both sides and called Paynes (ford) who happen to be open 24 hours for parts.
new set of bearings & brake discs on order for collection tomorrow 10am.

£140 i didn't want to spend, but at the end of the day needs must.

Soldato
Ah I see, I thought it was some kind of carputer setup!

I don't have the patience for that :p It's a simple Pi2 with a Wolfson DAC, a 128GB flash drive filled with music and videos, and it's just running Kodi as a frontend with a BMW skin applied to it. I'll get pics if you're really interested, but it does unfortunately require the 16:9 unit and a factory TV tuner.

The only thing it's missing is Bluetooth, unfortunately OpenELEC doesn't support that which is annoying :(

Man of Honour
Ah no worries, I know the setup you have now as seen it before I think! That's one of the reasons I got the Android OEM style nav unit. Everything in one box and no additional faff with cabling required.

Back
Top Bottom