What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Anybody got any experience with MTEC discs and Mintex Pads?

Cars eaten it's front pads and there's no meat left on the disc and the rears are seriously pitted due to it being stood before I bought it. Usually I'd nip down ECP and just buy some Pagid/Textars, but a friend recommended these as being good and pointed out they come with a black coating to prevent rust. And theyre cheaper.

Cheers.

Man of Honour
I've got Mtec 280mm dimpled discs and EBC yellows on my MX5

I'm yet to get them fade with nigh on 200bhp, bite well from cold, pedal feel is good and I've not experienced any judder or other oddities

Soldato
Have a look at Mister Auto if you've not already, ECP/GSF seem to sell brake discs individually at silly prices, Mister Auto do them as pairs for the price of a single disc at ECP/GSF usually so well worth a quick look.

Soldato
Done!

Fitted new Eibach pro springs; 30mm drop.
Fitted new strut top bearings. (Broke them when dismantling)
Decided whilst I was at it I would change the discs & pads.
Changed seats to MPS seats front and back.

took 8 hours in total, knackered now.

best thing I ever bought was an impact wrench...

garage said rear was super hard and needed 2 hours each side... it took 45 mins to do bother rear springs...

Associate
Broke my locking wheel nut key and failed to remove wheel as a result, was brand new 6 months ago.

Seller (of locking wheel nut) says they were overtightened, but not my me; by tyre garage that fitted my CS5's. What would you guys do? complain to garage or just take on the chin?

2016-06-05%2018.26.24.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Broke my locking wheel nut key and failed to remove wheel as a result, was brand new 6 months ago.

Seller (of locking wheel nut) says they were overtightened, but not my me; by tyre garage that fitted my CS5's. What would you guys do? complain to garage or just take on the chin?

impact gunned! my local does the same everytime, I told him to not do it and just use proper torque wrench.

Soldato
Tyre update: that's the second time I've used Event Tyres now and it's the second time they've done a lovely job... Except for balancing the wheels properly :rolleyes:

Wheel wobble over about 60mph = on the phone to them tomorrow so they can send someone out to do it again!

Associate
impact gunned! my local does the same everytime, I told him to not do it and just use proper torque wrench.

I watched them use a torque wrench and commented to the manager near the viewing area at the time that it was good to see.

I personally do the locking wheel nuts 10nm less because the design of my one looks particularly delicate.

@Acme, no its a Vauxhall one, key number 190; I can get a replacement off fleabay for £20 but that's not the point. What's to say it won't happen again?

Back
Top Bottom