What have you done to your car today?

OcUK Staff
Got the battery holder in the Exige modified and fitted the Anti Gravity 2.5kg battery:

95FEBA93-C306-4980-B71D-C08F13EC6591.jpeg

As I was experiencing some mid corner understeer on track I checked the anti toll bars:
Rear was set midway.
Front was also set midway.

I’ve adjust the front by one notch towards softer on just one side:

42E0209D-64E3-4DE9-9E69-888CB2D886E4.jpeg

I left the other side on the midway setting:

34DBC225-62C1-4F8D-8256-A4B81B4EBA08.jpeg

Am I right in thinking I can just adjust one side to move the balance in smaller steps?

Took the car for drive, feels great as roads were dry and 8c out so getting some grip from the tyres for a change.

Alignment next for a little extra negative camber.

Caporegime
Oh don't say that!!
FWIW, the Q7 absolutely stinks. I can smell it a mile off :eek:
I had at it with all sorts last night; cleaning products, steamer, wet vac, etc.
Chlorine dioxide should be here tomorrow but not sure it'll work.

Will have to call "my guy" and hope he has time for a deep clean with his professional equipment :(

You need a proper chemical enzyme to get it out. I can recommend bio-zyme from autobright.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
You need a proper chemical enzyme to get it out. I can recommend bio-zyme from autobright.
Yup, I missed that on my initial order so will pick some P&S or Poorboys tomorrow from a detailing shop on the other side of the country as the order I placed with another outfit has been delayed :rolleyes:
This is turning into an expensive incident.

I'll be able to setup my own detailing business after these purchases :cry:

Man of Honour
First drive with the top down! It’s brilliant how quick the top is to put up and down and I love the electronic wind deflector. With the heater and heated seats I could have been in Dubai :p. The engine sounds glorious.

Contrary to my neighbours opinion, my plates are still securely stuck on and won’t fall off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not my car, but installed the roof bars and bike carriers onto my Mrs' car

IMG-20220212-160227.jpg

IMG-20220212-155503.jpg

IMG-20220212-155454.jpg

She's not a fan but I think not looks great :D

Soldato
Failed at getting a drive shaft back into the diff, the cars been on jack stands now for over a week due to work. the neighbors are gonna know for sure i've little idea to what im doing now :o :D

I didnt want to take a mallet to it but the retainer clips is being a stubborn little bugger.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Took it to Germany to pick up a boot net partition and boot mat. Can also confirm it is limited to 240km/h (150mph).

Also scrubbed the rear carpets and wet-vac'd them properly. Will spray with some enzyme cleaner tomorrow and I *think* I might finally be there with this vomit episode :(

Associate
No pics as it's ******* it down and not exactly exciting but finished pulling the tints out of the Integra today. Looks so much better without tints and without the awful 'tuner' wheel nuts sticking out 1" from the wheel :)

On with the rest of the jobs soon, got Pilot Sport 5 tyres delivered too - very minor thing but the sidewall of them is cool :D

Man of Honour
What is the sidewall stiffness like of the PS5? The DC5 (and most Type R's) really benefit most from tyres with ridiculously stiff sidewalls and a lot of owners who tried PS4's ended up not liking them all that much in terms of drivers feel.

Soldato
What is the sidewall stiffness like of the PS5? The DC5 (and most Type R's) really benefit most from tyres with ridiculously stiff sidewalls and a lot of owners who tried PS4's ended up not liking them all that much in terms of drivers feel.
Rear of a BMW, so not a very good comparison, but it feels slightly more taut. Bit hard to explain, but comfort is slightly increased (i.e. rounding off of potholes is better + much quieter), but also direction changes seem to respond a bit quicker. In terms of a scale for stiffness though with say a PS4 being a 1 and an AD08R being a 10, it's somewhere around a 2-3 IMO..

Would probably stick with a Japanese tyre for an Integra personally.

Associate

Interesting feedback to consider for sure. I've put my faith into them purely from my experience of the PS4's on my various cars; Noble / S4 / 360 etc

If I was to start doing trackdays and the like would be a set of Yoko's on there 100%. I do keep looking at bronze/gold aftermarket wheels but theres a few bits of rust etc to tackle before spending money on nice to haves :)

Man of Honour
Interesting feedback to consider for sure. I've put my faith into them purely from my experience of the PS4's on my various cars; Noble / S4 / 360 etc

If I was to start doing trackdays and the like would be a set of Yoko's on there 100%. I do keep looking at bronze/gold aftermarket wheels but theres a few bits of rust etc to tackle before spending money on nice to haves :)
The new AD08R compound has been getting pretty poor reviews so that's something to consider. If you go for something like A1R bear in mind you'll need a baffled sump as the K20A can suffer with oil starvation.

Man of Honour
Took it for an oil change. Looks dry tomorrow, so will clean my pretty already clean car. Think I’ll do the fabric roof too, might do it this afternoon while it’s still wet.

Caporegime
"Inherited" a 2005 1.3 Suzuki Swift from a friend who had been back from Australia for 6 months and went back last week. First order of the day was a clean the car and then polish the very yellow headlights.

Need to tackle the rather vile interior next and then get it ready to sell, hopefully will make someone a useful first car.

Soldato
I spent the last few weeks thinking I had a problem with my clutch. I kept jerking gear changes, and not being able to pull away all that smoothly without over-revving a bit. I fixed the issue last night by - pushing my seat all the way back.
Somehow, it had inadvertently been pulled forward a single notch, probably while cleaning or something. Now, it drives fine again. What a prat :/

Back
Top Bottom