What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Did the oil and oil filter a couple of weeks ago, so took advantage of the first day of the bank holiday weekend by changing the air filter and cabin filter. Checked all the fluids, but nothing to report there because I keep an eye on them anyway. Gave the headlights a quick polish. Should really get my act together and get it booked in for a new thermostat and glow plugs (not that it needs glow plugs in temperatures like today) because those are a couple of things I don't want to tackle at home.

Another job I want to do this weekend is to have a look at the handbrake shoes on the passenger side because they started making a horrible noise while driving along a couple of weeks ago for no apparent reason (car had been parked up with the handbrake off for a week). It was loud enough that I could hear the noise bouncing back off buildings I was driving past. I've refrained from using the handbrake since then because I think the mechanism is a bit sticky and doesn't allow the shoes to free off all the way and by not using the handbrake it has kept things quiet, so I guess some cleaning and adjustment is in order. At least it isn't due an MOT until January, but I would like to return to being able to wait at traffic lights without keeping my foot on the brake.

Caporegime
Replaced all the chrome badging with black and carbon. Would have happily left them as chrome on the pre-facelift car where the window surrounds and door handles were chromed, but when all the other details on the car were matt black, it just looked a bit out of place.

4-CF76826-0-A95-4104-849-C-6-D3675-CFBEA9.jpg

Associate
After 4yrs of only needing brakes and tyres my F11 has had lots go wrong in the past month

led angel eye stopped working, the tms module is the normal culprit but I changed it and the error is still there
hhPvPgq.jpeg

Oil leak from the rocker cover so changed the gasket

eWF7n5X.jpeg

bBvhjY7.jpeg

still have a vibration when braking and might need to source a new headlight

Soldato
Replaced the R/L lip deflectors, previous owner(s) seemed to have a thing for parking the front end on curbs...

It wasn't immediately obvious unless you went looking for it but caught my eye easily enough and for the sake of £60 and 30 minutes, as the car is too low for a splitter.

Annoyingly the rubber lip is fused/bonded in to the whole panel so can't just be replaced in isolation though I'm sure you could DIY a replacement easily enough.

3nwyghzl.jpg sgFxDaOl.jpg

vrRwECQl.jpg wcTWtGDl.jpg

k1njGNBh.jpg

Bonnet bump stop was also broken and useless as a result so £4 later.

A1ygC3Ql.jpg

Soldato
Well, today I changed the pads on the rear as I noticed something odfd with them... after 5 years... look at the state of this... PAGID pads are gash... I pulled a set of the SRT8 that came with it last year and they crumbled in my hands... these have been on 5 years... never in 30+ years of driving have I had another set do this... absolutely appalling quality so replaced with MINTEX as I've ran these for years on the rears of all my cars... never had a problem...

LLAOXkc.jpg

Bd32WiB.jpg

Associate
Apart from having a full service on the 7 I had a mahooooosive Jap can installed, only kidding!

Stock

52015772206_84d812b0f3_c.jpg

Racingbeat

52015817608_79d665dc39_c.jpg

I swapped out my battery for a new Bosch S4 and hooked up the CTEK quick connect while I was at it.

52017751073_b3ec7e62cf_c.jpg

OcUK Staff
Had a blow out which has ruined the day as I was in my way to an air strip for some fun:

9D1D8F02-2D1D-4EFA-AE19-B2A46E6AD3B6.jpeg 79AF054A-B809-4EE6-8C72-ECE6F8A72BB7.jpeg

Car went with an almighty bang I am ok and the car seems OK was able to pull off the road.

Ordered a pair from Lotus at £689 ouch and RAC man is on his way to collect them for me and hopefully another guy will meet him here to fit them and my Mrs will take the two old tyres in the Yaris hole as Michelin want the bad tyre back for inspection.

Ruined my day but thankful it did not happen at 150mph or something daft.

OcUK Staff
That failure looks odd. Shame about your day (you still might make it?) but better now than on the air strip at VMAX!

Rang the guys and basically no point if I can’t get there pre 12 and yeah funny how it’s let go right next to the word explosion lol.

Man of Honour
Why are the tyres so expensive? Looks like they are the same size as those on my E39 and i do remember it being a rare size so not a great selection but surely not 350 quid each :eek:

Caporegime
Car went with an almighty bang I am ok and the car seems OK was able to pull off the road.

Ordered a pair from Lotus at £689 ouch and RAC man is on his way to collect them for me and hopefully another guy will meet him here to fit them and my Mrs will take the two old tyres in the Yaris hole as Michelin want the bad tyre back for inspection.

Ruined my day but thankful it did not happen at 150mph or something daft.

Is that a mark on the wheel slightly further round from the blowout?

OcUK Staff
Is that a mark on the wheel slightly further round from the blowout?

Yes I think it is more likely there was something sharp on the road that has sliced the tyre nee tyres going on now.

DC61EBF1-C72C-433F-BF11-A85293DADD13.jpeg D7841A50-DE12-49CB-B38A-43CB3B25FB51.jpeg

Superb service by RAC who went and collected tyres from Lotus for me and local mobile tyre fitting guy.

Caporegime
Yes I think it is more likely there was something sharp on the road that has sliced the tyre nee tyres going on now.
That’s exactly what happened to me when joining the A500 at Sandyford. Glad it happened on the roundabout before the slip rather than at 70mph on the 500.

Telltale knock on the wheel, knick on the tyre.

Back
Top Bottom