What have you done to your car today?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I got way closer to running out of fuel than I would have liked. It was my own fault, I miscalculated then forgot to route the satnav to a petrol station on the way home and ended up on the motorway before filling up. My missus has never seen me drive so frugal! :facepalm:

The car said I had 5 miles range left as I pulled into the Esso forecourt. £95 (!) and a tank full of Esso Supreme 99 later and I could relax again. :cry:

Caporegime
I got way closer to running out of fuel than I would have liked. It was my own fault, I miscalculated then forgot to route the satnav to a petrol station on the way home and ended up on the motorway before filling up. My missus has never seen me drive so frugal! :facepalm:

The car said I had 5 miles range left as I pulled into the Esso forecourt. £95 (!) and a tank full of Esso Supreme 99 later and I could relax again. :cry:

You can usually run a car for quite a while whilst the gauge is reading 0 miles left.

Soldato

Been in a similar situation before but my partner was driving but even more irresponsibly we ended up on 0 miles range and nursed it off the motorway after following a lorry at 60mph for the majority. Must not have fuelled it up for her that week….

Almost like the Top Gear MPG challenge :D

Soldato
Today I discovered my car does in fact have a range and economy computer... I calculated 34.x mpg after a tank last week, got in the car today and pressed the button... 34.something mpg!

No more petrol station calculations for me :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Got the Avin PX6 with the DSP upgrade and i-bus module. The old Erisin one has done well for the last 6 years but it has spec limitations and runs an old version of Andorid that some apps now don't support on the Pay Store. This runs Android 11 :cool:

avin-px6_20220517_121423.jpg

Also depth is better so more room to tuck cables without bending them:

avin-px6_20220517_121513.jpg

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Buy a low volume British sports car, they said. You'll have trouble-free motoring, they said.
Was planning on going on a drift day tomorrow. I guess that'll have to wait :p

WVFf19Y.jpg

Back
Top Bottom