what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
Plantronics GameCom 780 Gaming Headset with Surround Sound that I bought from here 21 Dec 2013 (wow, had no idea had these for so long!).
Could never go back to none surround sets after these.

Previous set was TT Esports Shock One 5.1 Headset, which had really great audio, but they had some problem where I kept having to swap from front to back jack connections due to the software crapping out all of the time, so ended up RMA'ing them :/

Soldato
Got myself some t50rp mk3s the other day, not tested them much since those stock pads are horrible, should hopefully be fun to mess around with in games/music

I've also got hd650s as my current main headphones

Soldato
Following on from my last posts in October where I was looking for a DAC and headphone amp, I started looking into the Schiit stack after recommendations on here. I ended up getting a Magni 3 for Christmas and due to availability, could only order the Modi 2 yesterday. It arrived this morning and I've spent the evening (after getting around a driver install issue, my fault) comparing the onboard audio to the Schiit. I've tried to keep the volume levels the same but unsurprisingly I'm very impressed. Ignoring that the Magni obviously has more power, the stack sounds great with great separation in the music compared to the onboard that now sounds dull and muddled.

I think there's more to come too as at the moment I'm only using very cheap RCAs too due to waiting on some custom 75ohm cables being made.

SchiitStack_HD25.jpg

Bought myself some HD25s before Christmas as a stopgap between my HD202s and something much better but they always sounded a bit mid heavy compared to the 202s on the onboard audio. The 202s are currently at work so I'm yet to compare the two on the Schiit. Maybe I'll sell the HD25s and go for something else.

Overall though, very happy!

maj

maj

Soldato
I've been trying to get hold of the Magni 3 for months. It's always out of stock.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but I'll ask anyway. Would I see much improvement going from a DT770 Pro to a DT990 Pro? (both 250 Ohm). Retired my K7XX's which I'm tempted to sell as I'm back using the 770's. The 990's can be had for just over £100 online which seems a good price if the performance is worth it. They will be for music and gaming.

Soldato
You have to check the site every day if you want a chance of getting one. I went to order the Modi before Christmas, at the time the Magni was out of stock. Went to the site the very next day and the Magni was in stock, the Modi out of stock. The website listed stock of the Modi due in on the 11th Jan, I checked yesterday and it was in. Imagine if I'd gone to check today and they'd all sold out!

maj

maj

Soldato
You have to check the site every day if you want a chance of getting one. I went to order the Modi before Christmas, at the time the Magni was out of stock. Went to the site the very next day and the Magni was in stock, the Modi out of stock. The website listed stock of the Modi due in on the 11th Jan, I checked yesterday and it was in. Imagine if I'd gone to check today and they'd all sold out!

Magni & Modi due back in stock on the 19th which just happens to be pay day.

Soldato
You going for the normal Modi and not the Uber?

I'd check on the run up to the 19th too. Like I said, the Uber was supposed to be in on the 11th but I was able to order it on the 10th. You'll be gutted if they get stock in on the 18th and have sold out by the time you come to order.

Associate
I've been trying to get hold of the Magni 3 for months. It's always out of stock.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but I'll ask anyway. Would I see much improvement going from a DT770 Pro to a DT990 Pro? (both 250 Ohm). Retired my K7XX's which I'm tempted to sell as I'm back using the 770's. The 990's can be had for just over £100 online which seems a good price if the performance is worth it. They will be for music and gaming.
Hi, I have both the 990 and 770, I'd pick the 990's every day for gaming as they have more bass and are overall imo just better for gaming, 770's seem a little livelier better suited to music, i don't use them as often as the 990's as when i want music etc it's through the bookshelfs. Hopefully helpful, but lots of threads and comments will tell you the same.

Associate
AKG K712 Pro's, which I think are awesome for gaming. Sound card I use the Asus Essence STX II upgraded with better quality Muses02 amps.

Soldato
Ended up most recently with senn hd598sr. First time with an open backed pair and... I can't see me going back.
Running them directly off a sb-z. Does me more than well enough.
Have akg k550's too. Bit more "fun" sounding but I like the 598's better for positional in game.
The plug in boom mic setup on the 598's is way tidier too (ketdirect 2.5mm mic with the cable lock).

Soldato
Well I sold my IE 800s a while ago. Bought a bargainous pair of Fischer Amps FA-4E and was happy enough.

I'd been wondering if I'd done the right thing in selling the 800s. The Fischers are good, very good. But I was sure something was missing. Then 2 days ago, I came across a pair of unboxed IE 800s on eBay, no accessories apart from medium tips. £70, they're genuine (I'm pro at bargain hunting, yo).

The bass, oh my, such incredible bass. Nothing comes close that I've owned, whether in, on or over ear. And the highs. And everything else. Except the fit and microphonics through the cable (which is also comedically short). Those bits suck. Still not sure how Sennheiser ballsed that up so badly. Awesome sound, though.

Back
Top Bottom