1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by garyfl, 7 Dec 2010.

1. Grim5

Sgarrista

Anyone here use Seinheisser HD820 for gaming? How is it?

2. mrk

Man of Honour

Am I mad for wanting this combo for headphone storage? I have a shell case at the mo and it's fine but I quite like this sort of this as looks cool to me lol. Bit OTT but.... sense of occasion lifting up the glass dome then lifting out the HD650.... The grabbing them experience has to match the sound experience surely :D

[​IMG]

3. Noxia

Sgarrista

That may be the most autistic thing I've ever read. So yes you should.

4. mrk

Man of Honour

:cry:

5. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

Headphone Cloche?
    Business plan @mrk :D

6. mrk

Man of Honour

I'm telling you, all it takes is one Instagram Reel or Tik Tok to get all these audiophiles forming an orderly line at the shopping baskets :p

"Your headphones will get less oxygen whilst not in use thus preserving the cable and internals from extended oxidisation over time"

7. rids57

Soldato

... except Stax have been doing the same thing for years with their anti-static plastic bags :D

8. beasty6

Mobster

Ordered myself a G6, will be with me tomorrow, currently own some Logitech G Pro X.

Looking to upgrade the headset to some "proper" headphones, around the £100-130 mark.

I play games, mostly Apex so gets competitive, any recommendations? DT770 or DT990 maybe?

9. stooeh

Wise Guy

Had the DT770 pro for years before one of the drivers died recently, pretty good and very good isolation with no leakage. I think the 990s are the open equivalent so I guess would depend on whether you want open/closed.

10. beasty6

Mobster

Yeh it seems that way from what I have read up on, I've never stepped foot into anything other than gaming headsets so a little daunting I must say.

So using gaming headset would assume I'm used to closed back, however my G Pro X do not feel really sound deadening, as I use the fabric cups (can still have a conversation while having them on etc)

11. Baggins_451

Gangster

You suck, clicking on the dome image didn't instantly order one and have it telephoned to my doorstep.

Must try harder ;)

12. jcr

Wise Guy

just treated myself to some Hifiman Sundara phones. very impressed with the sound.

13. dtsrules

Gangster

Have lost these somewhere in the house, no idea where so borrowed my sons Philips SHP9500's that he no longer uses, and can say they are pretty decent open back headphones.

14. WhiteHartMart

Gangster

Picked up a 2nd hand set of Audio Technica ATH-R70x - think these will become my all round set for the forseeable. Love how they sound, they are so light and comfortable that all day work use is fine also and additionally, they seem to be brilliant for gaming. Have them hooked up to a Creative G6 during the day and a GC7 via my PS5 in the evening. Really peleased with them in either setup.

15. darreny

Mobster

Sony xm4 on offer at amazon for £169

Might have been a mistake as they've gone back to £250 within a few hours. Now to see if they arrive

Last edited: 8 Dec 2021 at 06:25